Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qp2
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Device Keeps Turning my TV Off and On and Off and On

Jump to solution

I want to cry. After two days of flawless performance my new Ultra is flickering the screen. After about 10 minutes it calmed down and stopped blanking the display and gave a steady performance, but what am I to do? I'm not about to buy a new TV hoping that that will solve the problem and Roku has been rather quiet about the issue. I will write them but I don't have high hopes since many have the problem and no one has the same solution.

0 Kudos
qp2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It is apparent that Roku support has no clue why the Ultra is making the screen go on and off. They said they will replace my new Ultra with a new new one, big wow.

I have solved the problem by putting my Chromecast back in service.

0 Kudos
GC74

Jump to solution

Thank you. Turning off one touch solved the issue of the Samsung TV repeatedly turning back on automatically after turning off with Roku remote.

0 Kudos
Rsaint71

Re: Roku Ultra Keeps Turning my TV Off and On and Off and On

Jump to solution

I have an ONN Roku TV and I even tried unplugging it. There's no way to access the settings menu or any menu. It simply turns off flashes on long enough to show the ONN Roku TV logo then off again. The remote won't even work while this is happening. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra Keeps Turning my TV Off and On and Off and On

Jump to solution

@Rsaint71, your issue has nothing to do with what this thread is about.  You should contact onn as I believe your TV has a major hardware failure.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

No, the tvs are define the problem, maybe even Roku itself. My tv is such a stresser for me when watching we hope and pray it doesn’t just start battling us mute, unmute, input, power off 3,2,1. This is HELLL

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Brandiannland turn off the CEC function in your TV and you should have no problem. Different brands have different names for it, but your owners manual should help you figure out what they call it. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
TrenaL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, but I’ve already tried this.  No luck.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

CEC is the only thing that can cause things like that to happen. Something else outside the Roku is misbehaving. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Terryg2

Jump to solution

My Vizio TV, model V555-H1, is about 5 years old.  For several of those years I've had a Roku Streaming Stick+, HD 4K HDR with zero issues.  About 5 months ago I started having the on and off thing happening and after trying all the "fixes" I could find online I decided to get another Roku device.  Currently using Roku Express 4K+, HD 4K HDR.  It seems ok for a while, then starts in again.  Most recently I had no issue for about 2 or 3 weeks.  Yesterday it started with the on and off yet again, only now more frequently, like every 5 to 10 minutes.  Do I have two bad Roku devices or do I need a new tv?  Very frustrating and annoying.

Terry

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.