Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jman4531
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku 3800X 3800RW & Tablo 4th Gen Screen Resolution

@vickiev , @renojim , @RokuCarly 

FYI: All off my Roku devices have now updated to version 13. Sad to say that the story remains the same, the 3800 series sticks still show 720/480 Tablo 4th Gen streams in tiny box in upper left corner  with remainder of screen bright green.

Unfortunately, like a Schmuck,  I already updated 2 of my original 5 devices that were  having this issue, so transitioning to FireStick or other alternative device is not really a good option for me just now.

IMHO Roku needs to admit this will never be fixed and offer a trade in deal.

vickiev
Channel Surfer

I understand, and I do not want to switch necessarily, I want them to address the problem!
You can have fire sticks on some tv's and roku on others, it doesn't have to be all the same.
Firesticks are less expensive if I have to pay out of pocket to replace the 3 Roku sticks I already own.
I was hoping that if Roku knew that customers were jumping ship, that they may address the problem finally. But it seems like they don't GAF.

I've been doing some more trouble shooting. In my case ABC is the only main network channel that is exhibiting the problem, so I have been using that as my test subject.

On my Roku TV which is less than a year old, all channels are fine. So your conclusion that the newer devices work fine, is also true with the Roku TV.

As to my troubleshooting....I've found that if you watch live (on ABC and a few other minor networks such as MeTV and the like) the picture is stuck up in the left hand corner with the green screen surround, as pictured. BUT, if I tape a show on ABC, it plays back fine on all three of the affected TV's with the older sticks. In other words,  the whole screen is full.
IDK if that additional info will help anyone at Roku who is trying to solve this (if they even are)

I'll say again, that I would be ok with upgrading my sticks, but I am not, nor should I have to pay out of pocket! If Roku is not going to fix it, they should send a replacement, or a voucher. 

0 Kudos
vickiev
Channel Surfer

@RokuCarly I am having the same issue.
See other replies in this thread for more details, as I have run some additional troubleshooting tests.
I recently bought a Roku TV and it works fine.

Here is the info on the 2 of 3 sticks I own both are the same.
Model - 3800X
Software version 13.0.0 build 24056-55

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.