Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CableBoy
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube app slowly becoming unusable

Hello Nickerz,

Thank you for your comments. I was starting to feel I was the only one with this problem. So thank you for confirming that I am not the only one with the problem.

I hope Roku/YouTube gets this fixed as I do believe it is a software problem. I really don't want to replace hardware to fix a software problem. If I have to do that, I am not likely to replace it with the same hardware.

The other fact is that I started to see this problem with the latest Roku upgrade.  Before that, everything was fine. And we are not given the choice or refusing an upgrade or backing it off.

Thanks again.

CableBoy
Roku Guru

Hello Atscham, 

Sorry to hear you are having the problem also.

I wonder if there is some trouble ticket we can create for Roku to investigate this problem? 

I would like to hear an official response from Roku.

I can send them my video and I can make more and post them on YouTube if they would like.

CableBoy
Roku Guru

I did  just try to get an Roku Agent Support and Roku is no longer supporting the Roku 3 device.  So I guess we are just SOL. 

0 Kudos
CableBoy
Roku Guru

I also just tried to reset/clear the cashe by doing the following, but it only fixes it for a short time.

Press Home 5 times.
Press Up.
Press Rewind 2 times.
Press Fast Forward 2 times.

0 Kudos
Steve_K1
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube app slowly becoming unusable SOLVED

I'm posting hoping it helps others. (Or maybe to stop getting emails on the topic. 😊 )

In July 2023, almost a year ago, I finally gave up on my Roku 3, which otherwise worked perfectly, and bought an Express 4K+.

Since then, zero problems.

Might have been a coincidence, but I didn't do anything else like get a new TV, router, etc.

Worth a try, seems to me.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@CableBoy wrote:

I did  just try to get an Roku Agent Support and Roku is no longer supporting the Roku 3 device.  So I guess we are just SOL. 

I did warn you it's approaching end of life support. It's unfortunate, as the Roku 3 from that era was a great device. But time marches on and electronic devices continue to evolve and improve, leaving older devices behind. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
jeffyfarley
Binge Watcher

I also replaced my old Roku 3 with a new Roku Ultra. I was having similar issues with Youtube but it seems to be working fine on the new device.

0 Kudos
CableBoy
Roku Guru

Thanks   Jeffy F. for your comments.

I wonder if anyone is still using a Roku 3.  Or am I the last person that has not given up???

I guess it still works OK, if you don't pause, or hit the backward/forward buttons. 

Thanks again,

0 Kudos
Destiny777

Basically youtube app is useless! I've tried everything suggested all other apps work just fine on roku , YouTube works find on computer phone not on roku TV. The issue isn't us or youtube

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Destiny777!

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you may be facing difficulties using the YouTube app. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and would like to help you resolve the issue. To do that effectively, please provide us with more details about your problem. To verify, are you being prompted with an error message? If you see something different, can you please let us know what you are seeing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos