Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gRPD

RVS-1005 error No connectivity

I am also getting this message for the last week.  But I only get it on the PBS channels through Spectrum TV.

Also after changing channel 2-3 times I get an RVS-1005 error, though this is the only streaming TV in the house.  This essentially locks all channels out and requires a restart. 

Spoke to Spectrum  and they say it is some home/Away error in my set-up.  I do not have home monitoring so I see no home/away setting on my menus

TV is a Sony, and I use the ROKU as Spectrum has some issue from Sony.  I am unsure whether to dump the Roku or the kind of limited Spectrum router, or Spectrum internet, though that would be hard. 

Roku is a model 3820X 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: RVS-1005 error No connectivity

Hi, @gRPD 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with your Roku device which is having the error code RVS-1005 error, and we're here to help. 

If you're seeing an RVS-1005 error on Roku, you can try these steps: 

1. Reboot your receiver, router, or modem
  2. Check for loose or damaged TV cables, Refresh your Spectrum signal, Wait a few minutes and try again, and Contact Spectrum tech support.

If none of these troubleshooting steps work, we would recommend reaching out to Spectrum's support directly and working with them since this issue is related to their app's functionality. For more information, you can refer to Spectrum's page at Troubleshooting Error Codes on the Spectrum TV App & SpectrumTV.com.

We hope you find this information helpful, and let us know if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.