Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mainecoons
Binge Watcher

ROKU Express can't get to home screen

Jump to solution

First the thing kept rebooting.  Did hard reset pushing the button on the back.  Seems to stay on now.

However, once I select English it tries to hook up to an open wifi network I selected but can't.  I get stuck there, it won't let me go on to the Home Settings screen to apply possible fixes I have read about here.  It won't connect to my passworded account either.  So I can't address the connect problem because I can't get past the connect screen.

The thing worked fine on the open network for months and then simply stopped working one afternoon.  It would no longer connect to that network even with signal strength ranging from good to strong.

All my other ROKU devices and TVs are working fine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU Express can't get to home screen

Jump to solution

Thank you for the update, @Mainecoons!

We see that your Roku Express is having trouble reaching the home screen. We'd like to investigate this issue thoroughly. Before we proceed, could you please let us know when you're trying to connect to the internet? Is there an error code or message displayed on the TV screen? Have you attempted to use a mobile hotspot or an ethernet?

In the meantime, please check your internet connection. You can try restarting your Roku device and your internet router by unplugging them from the power source. Also, make sure to confirm that your internet password is correct. Please try this and let us know if it makes any difference.

We'll be waiting for your response and will provide further assistance on this matter.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU Express can't get to home screen

Jump to solution

Thank you for the update, @Mainecoons!

We see that your Roku Express is having trouble reaching the home screen. We'd like to investigate this issue thoroughly. Before we proceed, could you please let us know when you're trying to connect to the internet? Is there an error code or message displayed on the TV screen? Have you attempted to use a mobile hotspot or an ethernet?

In the meantime, please check your internet connection. You can try restarting your Roku device and your internet router by unplugging them from the power source. Also, make sure to confirm that your internet password is correct. Please try this and let us know if it makes any difference.

We'll be waiting for your response and will provide further assistance on this matter.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.