Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marjanod

Re: REDBOX CHANNEL WON'T WORK

Jump to solution

Have done all this and it’s still not working!!

ThatGirlx

Jump to solution

My red box channel worked just fine the other day and now that I’ve purchased a $20 movie it doesn’t want to work on any of the 5 tv’s that I have!!! Very frustrating!

Meemster
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I took your advice and called. As of now, if your Roku won't update to 12.0, Redbox won't work. "They are working on it" to fix the problem for those of us who have older Rokus.

Kygurl33

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issue! I can’t access my account on Redbox! I have spent money on movies that I can’t even watch now!! And I have tried everything they said to do and it’s still just showing the letter r. That’s it!!! 

egelmett
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nope...having issues on a TCL Roku TV too...

Jump to solution

Dead here too on a ROKU Ultra LT......I think Mary as AI bot...

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Spoke with Redbox earlier and they indicated they were working with Roku to resolve issue.  Only thing they knew for sure is that it does not seem to be affecting Roku devices with OS 12, and only affecting certain build numbers of OS 11.5. (I am still leaning toward a server configuration issue, but who knows).  Representative seemed a little surprised that some of my 11.5 builds were still working so noted it for their engineers. (some of these build numbers were on the list for those supposedly affected.)

So far, the only workaround I have found to work is to stream content directly from Redbox website.  Either use the Redbox mobile  app and cast to your TV (if capable), or load Redbox on a laptop and either cast it to your Roku device or use a HDMI cable from laptop directly to your TV.   https://www.redbox.com/

Additionally, seems to only be affecting Roku devices at this time.

I was having problems accessing the Redbox website yesterday to try the above, but today it is working so again able to stream Redbox free On-demand and LiveTV in this manner on the TV with my affected device.

----

No amount of network configurations/changes/spoofs or removing the channel/app from your Roku devices is likely going to currently address this issue. (at least none of my attempts have proved fruitful). The fix is going to have to come from Redbox.  Best you can do in the meantime is to periodically run a manual system/software update (Settings/System/Software Update) and hope your Roku device is either updated to OS 12 or the Redbox channel receives an update fix. (whichever comes first).  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Pooh45764
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why is this still a problem a week later? I paid $6 for a movie, got the kids in bed early, sat down to watch movie and my roku redbox app won't load. I did everything you said to do, still not working. It seems like people been calling redbox about this for a week now, yet it's still not fixed. WTF

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I called and they said they were aware of the problem but it was mainly on Roku. Just they know it’s happening and they’re looking into it. No fix no time estimate. Nothing. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine doesn’t work on either of my Roku televisions. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.