Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meemster
Reel Rookie

Re: REDBOX CHANNEL WON'T WORK

Jump to solution

Did you ever get this resolved? The same thing is happening to us and nothing has helped. What did Mary MEAN about reaching out to channel support!? What channel support? On the Roku? I don't see anything called "channel support"

GCollins5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
tjpitts10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There was an update of the Redbox app on April 23rd maybe that has something to do with it.  I have a TCL Roku tv and Redbox isn't working for me either so I'm going to use the Vudu app instead.  Stop whining about it already.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

This does appear to be a Redbox issue affecting only certain Roku devices and users.

I have been watching Redbox this week fine on my Ultra 4660 (OS 11.5 build 4312-46).  Redbox 3.5 build 0 (zero), and encountered the loading error this evening.

My other Roku devices (Roku Express 4k+ 3941, and Insignia RokuTV) are running OS 12.0 and Redbox is loading and working fine.  My Streambar 9102 is running OS 11.5 build 4312-95 and the Roku Premiere+ 3921 is running OS build 11.5 build 4235-91 and is also loading and running Redbox fine.  Redbox versions are all 3.5 build 0.

-----

In the past, Redbox would create/display a device authentication notice onscreen if it ran into issues with a Roku device.  It likely just does this in the background now.  Redbox recently released this build update on April 13, 2023 so I am thinking there is just an issue or bug that will have to be addressed by Redbox on their end.  It also may just be a Cloudfront error (server).  Having trouble currently accessing their webpages (other than the help pages) due to Cloudfront errors on different browsers and networks. 

I will update posting if this starts to affect the other devices or if i can find a workaround for users, but the typical alternative methods i have tried have been unsuccessful on the Ultra 4660 so far.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Meemster
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wow, rude much? Asking a question isn't whining.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Meemster 

"What did Mary MEAN about reaching out to channel support!? What channel support? On the Roku? I don't see anything called "channel support"

---

Basically means that you have to contact the channel developer (Redbox), normally by email or phone.  Look on the Redbox website for the "Contact Us" page.  https://help.redbox.com/contact/

Generally speaking, whenever you have an issue with a channel/app on the Roku platform, the channel developer is responsible for the maintenance, operation, and updating of its channel/app.  Sometimes it can be attributable to a Roku OS issue, but for the most part, the channel developer is responsible for making sure their channel/app works with the Roku OS, not the other way around.

In most cases, these issues are usually tracked down to a coding issue or a CDN/server used by the channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

GCollins5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Someone posted this previously 

"I think everyone should call them & maybe they will get it fixed. Our Customer Care team is available 7 days a week, from 8 AM – Midnight CT at 1-866-REDBOX3 (866-733-2693)"

Rogue_Stomper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Congrats to you for being nonchalant.  🤣🤣🤣

Darlean
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@https://community.roku.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/668164

They want you to call Redbox. When I complained about that they then wants you to do a bunch of stuff with your Roku TV and give them that information you'll find that posted from me somewhere along here.

Either way the app still not working as of today which is a Sunday the 30th of April. 

Darlean
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@tjpitts10 Thanks didn't know vudu works on rented Redbox movies that you're streaming. Therefore enjoy your vudu

0 Kudos