Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CUERVOOJ
Reel Rookie

Re: REDBOX CHANNEL WON'T WORK

Jump to solution

I think everyone should call them & maybe they will get it fixed.  Our Customer Care team is available 7 days a week, from 8 AM – Midnight CT at 1-866-REDBOX3 (866-733-2693).

Darlean
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I called still not working they told me they were aware of it.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

Thanks for reporting this to Roku Community and sharing your observation.

If you are still experiencing an issue with playing content on the Redbox channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Each channel on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves. If you encounter an issue within a channel that isn't occurring in every other channel on your device.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RogerSi

Jump to solution

To  contact redbox customer service use your phone or computer go to redbox.com and go to the option contact us and the phone number is there.  They did answer but at this point leaves a problem message with the technical support department. 

Rogue_Stomper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing happening to me over the last few days. (today is 4/26/23). I've deleted, restarted, added back and.... POW! Nothing. Still doesn't work!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rogue_Stomper,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Redbox channel and appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gtttttf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem would like to call someone at Roku but the website just sends me in circles 

Gtttttf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Also called Redbox and they said everything is fine and we should contact roku

Gtttttf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Also it works on my other Roku but not my Roku express+

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding channel playback issues with the Redbox channel.

If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Redbox channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it. We would recommend reaching out to Redbox directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.
In the meantime, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to work with the channel partner to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator