Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thrall
Reel Rookie

Problem with Roku returning to Home Screen after playing apps for a little while.

Hello, I’ve been having issues for a few months now with apps including Live TV crashing after playing for a little while. I’ve checked for updates on the device and apps, all is good, turned the screensaver off, turned saving bandwidth off, I have it plugged directly into the wall. I’ve restarted it. And still can’t figure out what the problem is. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Problem with Roku returning to Home Screen after playing apps for a little while.

Hi, @Thrall

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thank you for sharing the information with us. We truly value your input and are eager to assist you in any way we can. In order to better understand your situation and provide the most effective solution possible, we kindly request that you provide us with additional details. Please feel free to share any relevant information or context that may help us better understand your inquiry.

• What other specific channels/apps are affected?
  • What specific Roku device are you having issues with?
  • When did you first encounter the issue?

With more details, we'll be able to assist further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Problem with Roku returning to Home Screen after playing apps for a little while.

Hello I have two issues . The first the same as other YouTube cuts off randomly on my Roku TV that I just bought just over a  year . Some times also randomly gets stuck in some weird power saver mode . The worst part is I was never able to Register this tv that I bought from the Fort Worth Exchange in Sept 2022. It’s a 55 inch TLC 65S535  hardware ID A116x , serial X00300TVDE9X. My software is up to date . My apps are updated and redownloaded. I have YouTube premium. I also have Frontier Eero 6 it’s next to the router and it’s a new router so please fill me in on why Roku doesn’t work well with YouTube . I have already went through powering it on and off before so the issue is Roku and YouTube based

0 Kudos

I forgot to mention the freezing started 2 months after I bought it , the YouTube issue started in the last few months

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SamuraiSiri,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're seeing the same issue going and we appreciate the troubleshooting effort on this.

In addition to the information you provided could you also share with us the Tracker ID of this?

Here's how you can get it. Using your Roku remote's microphone button, say "Get Tracker ID," or press Home 5x and Back 5x in quick succession.

Please keep us posted!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thrall
Reel Rookie

I believe it’s any other apps on the device, it’s not mine it’s the one my parents use. But I know his motortrend does it and other streaming apps.

the device is 3930X Roku Express. 

it’s been over 6 months but it’s gotten worse in the past few weeks. Sorry for the late response to this. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Thrall,

Thanks for getting back to us!

This model has been investigated already by the appropriate Roku team and we still don't have any further updates available about this.

I've dropped you a PM regarding this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos