Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Problem reading USB through Media Player

I seriously doubt Roku is mining that information to sell to someone. The reason RMP asked to read your media is merely to provide a list of the media for you to select from. Since I use a DLNA server to provide the media to watch, RMP never asks to scan any media, because it doesn't need to provide a list of media. The server does that, and RMP simply displays what the media server provides. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
nightwingken
Binge Watcher

The new update seems to have worked, it installed and I can play my copy of the Disney films, A concert that would not play. So for so good.

Same drive, same files.

ArcadePizza
Channel Surfer

Am I going to be asked to accept the external device every single time I turn on my TV? I’m so done with Roku, the quality is just going to **bleep**. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@ArcadePizza wrote:

Am I going to be asked to accept the external device every single time I turn on my TV? 

I have a USB stick plugged into my Ultra, and other than the first time I plugged it in I never saw any alert. I have no idea why you're seeing that message. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ArcadePizza
Channel Surfer

I have a 2TB Seagate external hard drive that’s constantly plugged in and it asks me every time, it’s getting annoying. 

nightwingken
Binge Watcher

That sucks

Gary52
Binge Watcher

Same issue on my Roku Ultra 4670X, using a hard drive which I turn off when I'm not using it, but still plugged in to the Roku, and I get the same message EVERY time I turn it on! Can't it remember that I already allowed it access to that drive 30 times or more? I want to go back to OS 12.0!! Never had any of these NEW issues before the update to OS 12.5.0.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ArcadePizza, @Gary52,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience. Thank you so much for your feedback about this new feature update on OS 12.5. We value your input, and we'll make a note on this.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
ArcadePizza
Channel Surfer

This isn’t feedback, it’s a complaint, it’s frustration that you don’t test before you release updates. I’m still waiting on a fix for game mode stutter that I reported back in May. Now every single time I turn on my TV I have to allow access to external media which at this rate I’m assuming is going to take a very long time before it is fixed as well.

atxchip
Binge Watcher

Yes, the privacy issue is a red flag to me. Seems like the only ones that should have access to anything on my home network are to be vetted. I have family pics and video on my HDD I've had connected to my Roku unit. NO "channels installed on (my) Roku" should have any type of access to anything. Access to Roku software, sure, so it can stream a "channel's" video out to my HDMI player. That's it. That's all, period. I'm currently looking at alternatives, since I'm wondering how long Roku has allowed "channels installed on (my) Roku" to 'read' devices I may have plugged into my Roku's USB port.