Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing

Unfortunately, you/we shouldn't even have to be researching this topic and/or having any issue with any one particular subscribing channel.

ROKU obviously has something built into their firmware that's inherent in all the TVs that carry the ROKU software.  More than likely it has something to do with the buffer which almost everyone has talked about and of which almost every fix points to taking care of in one way or another.  Let's face it, whether, hitting a Clear Buffer Button (most don't have this), rebooting, unplugging, reinstalling, or hitting up up up back back back and home home home or whatever whatever whatever, it all comes down to the same thing, CLEARING OUT THE BUFFER!!

So what is it that is so difficult for ROKU to grab onto and figure out this problem?  Or, do they simply know of the problem, not care about the problem, did a cost analysis to fix the problem, and then realized it's simply easier to let the inventory sell out cheaper then it is to put in the labor and admit there was a problem causing a major meltdown in their publicity and future sales???

I'm even stumped that they even allow this board to run wild!

I'm sure the CEO and the rest of the team are pulling out their hair on this as we all type.

TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Finally had a chance to catch one.  While watching Netflix, I stopped watching The Meg about 3 minutes into it and started another movie and noticed a slow down and was sure it was going to crash.  Sure enough, Out to the Main Screen!

So here's the IRT as you asked:
IMG_20231223_133740_Night.jpg

0 Kudos
SPBero
Channel Surfer

Issue report tracker

Model: 7134X - Roku TV

Serial number: YN00SJ761443 (J7989S761443)

Software version: 12.5.0 build 4176-30

GC version: 10.4.45

Timestamp: 2023-12-24T04:16:25Z

Please use issue ID 43-514-336 to report the current issue.

0 Kudos
SPBero
Channel Surfer

Friends, I have contacted Prime and Netflix about this issue. Perhaps they can put pressure on Roku to solve it.

0 Kudos
Johneenini

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

Same here, it started with Walking dead, same episode. Then I'd check future ones,can't watch any till I get to the 11th season. This happens on Netflix. On prime also. It's an ONN Roku TV and it's connected directly to the wall. I haven't had it more then two months. It's frustrating and troubleshooting what exactly? Seems everyone is trying to no avail. What can we do. Did Roku make a defective TV?

0 Kudos
markgeorg1234
Streaming Star

TCL Roku TV - Netflix constantly goes back to home screen

Thanks for creating the ID. Maybe Roku will take this seriously. 

0 Kudos
Tonycelly

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

Yes I am having the same exact problem I would go into Netflix play a movie or show it would play for a little while and then crash. I would go back into the Netflix app click the same movie or series. It’ll play for a little while then, when I will try to rewind or forward the show it would crash again please fix because I love Roku but right now they’re not looking too good 

0 Kudos
Musiclover1
Binge Watcher

I cleared the cache and it’s still bumping back to the Home Screen from Netflix ☹️

Musiclover1
Binge Watcher

I have a 50” TCL Roku and it’s constantly happening with Netflix

Wyse1685
Channel Surfer

Here's what I believe is happening: just like a PC it's overheating opening Netflix and Prime because they take up too much memory for the TV to handle. The preload is too much, hence the freezing and crashing. Resetting the TV won't fix the bloated apps. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.