Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guest9995

Prime and Netflix crashing (All models)

I just replaced a roku3 with a Roku ultra. we have 600mbit fiber with a direct Ethernet connection to the Roku. the Roku3 worked fine but was slow. The brand new Roku Ultra crashes after three seconds of the Netflix previews. It's right out of the box and fully updated but it can't run Netflix at all. That's inexcusable for their premium product. It's locked up and rebooted itself 3 times in the past 30 minutes.  while typing this, I started Netflix moved the cursor to the first show and the Roku died.

0 Kudos
75 REPLIES 75
jds3622
Reel Rookie

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing

Try going to your picture settings once you get back on and turning HDR off and see if it works. I had same issues and that actually worked

0 Kudos
FrustatedTG
Channel Surfer

That is not a setting on my Roku (Sharp) TV. There is HDR Notifications, but that's it. I bought a Chromecast and run that and the problem ended.

0 Kudos
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Wow, cmo1223!

Needless to ask, I'm sure if you purchased your TV within the return window, you'd be bringing it back, correct?? Because it sounds like a complete systems failure, ugh 😫.

I'm amazed how no one is interested in joining up with me to start up with a "suit" against this company. I guess we'd all just rather just **bleep** about it and move on with our lives and forget this miserable experience then to be bothered with such things.

But, should you be interested in being my first to be on my list, by all means, email me at the address found in my rant above.

Good luck!!

0 Kudos
jds3622
Reel Rookie

If you do t have an hdr setting try turning the pixels down to like 720. Mine always crashed as soon as I would select a show and the hdr appeared on the screen. I turned it off and it’s been working fine. I discovered this fist because I was trying to play assasins creed mirage and it was making my pjs crash and found that tip on a ps website. It also worked for Netflix and such. Perhaps they have a glitch with these tvs and hdr compatibility

0 Kudos
FrustatedTG
Channel Surfer

I did that long ago and even dropping to 720 didn't help. I have three other TVs in the home, and it's only the Roku TV with this issue, so it's clearly a problem with Roku TVs. I have tried everything mentioned in this forum and nothing has helped until I got the Chromecast. 

FrustatedTG
Channel Surfer

I actually did see your post about class action, but I've been swamped with work. At some point when I'm caught up, I will email you.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

That's happening to me on Max, too. I thought it was because I have to use the Roku app Remote feature, because the crash says Remote stopped working. What a surprise. the TCL remote died the first year, the replacement I bought on eBay for lack of another source, never worked.

Yes, I've uninstalled the app, downloaded it from Google Play, installed it again -- 3 times now over 2 days.

I'm about to throw this Roku TV into the street to give people the pleasure of driving over it and crushing it.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far, the only brand mentioned in this thread is TCL. Does everyone having this problem have a TCL Roku TV? 

I have a TCL Roku TV and am having constant problems with Max.

0 Kudos
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

All different models have been reported throughout this post. I myself have reported that I have a Phillips along with others.

I'm still waiting for the day to come for a class action to come about. I'm willing to get the ball rolling but so far, no takers.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.