Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: my Pluto channel is not working on any Roku device in my home

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users!

We understand your frustration and how the situation was inconvenient. Don't worry; the Roku team is actively working on a fix, which will be resolved soon. 

To get us one step ahead and include you all in the ongoing investigation, we'd like to ask you for the information provided above this thread by @RokuTakashi to pass this along to the relevant team for further review. No worries; your data is safe here, and we'll make sure to value all these with the utmost protection so you'll feel secure with your details. 

We are anticipating your prompt response. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
I-Own-4-Of-Them
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As I posted earlier:

When I opened the settings and then the tracker screen, I did not see anything called OS version or Channel build version on either screen. Are they called something else there?

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Great question, @I-Own-4-Of-Them!

The OS version, also known as the Software Version of your Roku, can be seen in Settings > System > About. The Channel Build version can be found by highlighting the app using the Roku remote and pressing the Star (*) button. In the upper corner, you will see the build version of the channel. 

I hope this clarifies everything.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hotterman2
Reel Rookie

Re: New Roku streaming stick and Pluto TV not working, keeps going back to home page

Jump to solution

Totally rediculous. Been days and no solution. 

I believe there must be some kind of copy-write/contract fight.  How about fessing up and tell us whats up?

0 Kudos
MSNAuburn
Reel Rookie

Re: Pluto TV keeps recycling to home screen after App update.

Jump to solution

I actually dug out my old physical Roku box and attached it to my newest Roku TV, and Pluto worked fine. A couple of minutes later, Pluto upgraded to the current release 5.3.7 build 7, and it still worked. My physical Roku box is on version 13.1.4 build 1510-04. Both of my Roku TVs are on version 13.1.4 build 1510-88. So it looks like build 1510-88 doesn’t play well with Pluto 5.3.7 build 7, but build 1510-04 is fine. I’m currently just plugging in my physical Roku box to watch Pluto for a time, then unplugging to (hopefully?) prevent it from being upgraded to 1510-88. Hope this helps troubleshooting. This is getting frustrating to this community. 

0 Kudos

Re: Pluto TV will not work on my Roku after 9/5/24 update

Jump to solution

I just installed the Pluto TV app on my roku yesterday, and at first it went to the screen to allow me to log in/create account. However, when I went to log in, it crashed my roku, completely reset it. I went to go back into Pluto TV and now it loads the logo, and sends me back to the home screen.

Model 3941RW2 Roku Express 4K+

Serial X02200LGH41R

Device ID SOHCK32GH41R

Software 13.1.4 Build 1510-E4 GC Version 12.1.17

Pluto Version 5.3.7 Build 7

Tracker ID 1R-368-311

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pluto TV will not work on my Roku after 9/5/24 update

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing it here in the Roku Community, @Misfitmomma!

We appreciate you flagging this to us and providing the necessary information to resolve this. No worries; we'll include your Roku in the ongoing investigation and pass this along to the relevant team. 

The team is thankful for your cooperation and understanding on this matter. 

We are hoping that everything will be sorted out for you soon. 

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Frío
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuEmmanuel-D Hi! While you're at it, can you explain why the phone number I posted was removed?

0 Kudos
Frío
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@I-Own-4-Of-Them  I think it's 'GC'. When I was responding to Kash last night,  before @MikeK3 reminded me these are just moderators, I was posting the same information. It corresponds to what a build number normally looks like so I surmise it's likely this they mean because they don't see what we see as moderators that could be anywhere with varying product lines available to them. Be careful before giving up this info to people who are possibly not Roku or Pluto employees. Not saying they can't help but, with all the breaches, an overabundance of caution should be had.

0 Kudos
SmokingJoe
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I am very disapointed with Roku. Service is broke and no one cares. I am so happy I do not have stock in the company.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.