Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Getting a Pink Screen on brand new Ultras

@DiddyHo

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting those Roku devices to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pawn657

Roku knows his is an issue and their response is basically reboot? It is not the cable nor the hdmi port, it is the Roku device, why are they not addressing? To have people running around with your faulty device and plugging and unplugging it is the definition of insanity. All it does is clear your queue. How about some honest answers to legitimate questions?

0 Kudos
MTCG

Pink screen is over heat issue.

As someone says above it is an overheating issue. I turned rocku off watched a movie through my smart TV for an hour or two and rocku worked normally again once I returned to it. When I get a rouge screen my rocku feels hot. I do notice some apps stay open when the TV powers down. So maybe ensuring it's off (rocku) when not in use could stop the issue arising in the first place. .. Maybe. 

0 Kudos

Re: Pink Screen?? Same Problem

Mine is doing it on certain applications but not others. And mine is on a TLC Roku TV, not a Roku box. The TV is less than a year old. I still can’t get it to stop.

0 Kudos

The problem is the roku. It follows the roku, not the cables or TV. IT seems to mostly happen when it changes from a show to a add or vice-versa. That why many complain about it when watching YouTube. Need to get this fixed and stop blaming everyone's other devices.

0 Kudos
DiddyHo
Reel Rookie

I agree. I gave up on Roku and moved to a competitor and couldn’t be happier. I am no longer a Roku user but I do hope Roku fixes their problems for all of your sake.  

Ksillman05
Streaming Star

Im getting the same pink screen flashes with roku ultra on 2 different tvs. Tv 1 is a 55 inch LG uhd 4k , tv 2 is a 43 inch samsung uhd 4k.  Both sets flash green screens sometimes but mostly pink screens. I have tested different hdmi cables. Roku factory cable pink screens. Tisofu 8k 48 bit pink screens, Fusion 8k premium 59.00 pro series cable also pink screens. The problem seems to be with the spectrum tv app. When returning from commercials the screen temporarily goes compleatly pink, then corrects itself. I have not experienced any screen anomaly's while using any other apps. One would think that roku would vet these apps before allowing them on there platform. Afterall this isnt google. But then again they cant seem to fix hardware related issues ie remote controll losing connection with tv volume, they seem to rely on the forum community to solve there short commings. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ksillman05,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your effort to reach us regarding the issue with Spectrum TV with the flashing pink screen and we apologized for any inconvenience this has caused.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Rakita
Channel Surfer

Sorry to hear that you're having issues. I never did get help that fixed my pink screen issue , so I went to a certain competitor. I've been using them with zero issues. My friend has a Roku Ultra that's about a year old so I'm watching what happens to him. I'll report any bad experiences here.

0 Kudos
Ksillman05
Streaming Star

Been there done all of that and then some.

If you read my previous post you would see that the issue is on multiple tv sets with multiple hdmi cables. The next time i unplug my roku it will be permanent.and its on a 3rd set now. A new tcl r546 oled. Same pink screen on the spectrum app. The spectrum app is garbage and needs work. The samsung version of the spectrum app has no pink screen issues.

0 Kudos