Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Picture is smaller than screen!

@kavster

No worries, I'll make sure to post an update on this thread when we received feedback from our team who's investigating this issue. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
adigest

I am having exactly the same problem and can only get it back to the full screen by changing the screen settings to a different resolution. But it still happens every few days and none of the settings maintain the full screen. I need help, too.

Sunapeedog
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same issue.  If I go back to settings and re-select auto select screen size, it holds for as long as I'm watching via the Roku, but I've had to do that procedure each time I go to the Roku to watch something.  Doesn't matter what channel.

I have a Roku Ultra, model 4800X, S/N S02A214JD72C

Sunapeedog
Channel Surfer

This has been under investigation since May, and no fix yet??

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Sunapeedog

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or to all channels installed on your Roku device? Have you tried changing your HDMI cable or using a different HDMI port? If not, we recommend giving it a shot. A photo of the issue will be a great help as well.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

@Sunapeedog wrote:

This has been under investigation since May, and no fix yet??

Until a month ago, only one person reported the issue. Then a second appeared and didn't give any specifics.  Then you appeared, and now they/we know that it affects at least two different models of Roku.  However, out of ~55 million users, they have three reporting this issue and it doesn't seem to correlate to some obscure specific model.  This makes me think Roku could have a heck of a time replicating it.  I also suspect that if it doesn't take a specific model of Roku to occur, then maybe it takes a specific model of TV, or maybe you guys have something else in common.  (Just shots in the dark, of course!)

So, please give as much info as you can, and hopefully the other two will as well.

0 Kudos
Sunapeedog
Channel Surfer

It happens on any channel, and began happening maybe a month ago or so.  There are many other users with the same problem - I have checked via Google and have seen others posting here too.  I have not bought a new HDMI cable, but did reverse the cable, and no change.  I have an LG 55" 4K model TV that is less than 4 years old.

I have tried everything except resetting my Roku.  I didn't set it up originally because I am the opposite of techy, but I think either that and/or a new HDMI cable is the next try.  Not sure though why an HDMI cable would go back in a year or less of use!

Sunapeedog
Channel Surfer

Forgot to post this link in my above reply, sorry!

https://www.technipages.com/troubleshooting-roku-not-displaying-full-screen

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

The link above seems to be describing everything being quarter-sized due to an HD vs 4K issue.  (It's kind of vague because it doesn't show any pictures of the problem it is talking about and pictures really help!)  The problem in the OP seems different than that.  The OP shows a Roku channel UI running the full width of the screen, with the video (only!) being reduced.  So I'm not sure that link is about exactly the same issue as the OP. 

I am having this issue also on a Roku Ultra.  It happened after I had to move and disconnect everything on my tv and entertainment center.  I have a visio tv and hooked it up to a different hdmi port when I put everything back together.  I swapped hdmi cables, but the problem remained.  Then I exited the app and adjusted the setting to 1080p to match my TV and restarted the app and it worked. 

0 Kudos