Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juniper19

Paramount plus. An error occurred during playback. Please try again.

Paramount plus won’t play videos. Tried everything. Restarting, removed the channel and added it back and still won’t work. 
model 3914X Roku express 4k+

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount plus. An error occurred during playback. Please try again.

Hello @Juniper19

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?"

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Mpedersen6

This didn’t help me, I’ve been unable to watch paramount plus for almost 2 months now and I’m still getting charged for it. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mpedersen6,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about this issue you're experiencing when trying to stream Paramount+. We'd like to learn more about this.

Could you tell us what other troubleshooting steps you have tried and what didn't work? Are you seeing any error messages?

Tell us more about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue but it is only when happening on Bass Reeves newest episode. I have uninstalled the app, did a system restart, added it back, still the same issue. I checked for an update it says it is up to date. Please fix the issue. I am also unable to removed the app that has paramount plus the Roku channel. There is no option to remove it. 

0 Kudos
RickTX1

Hello? This has been happening to me. I removed Paramount plus, restarted the roku, installed Paramount. Now i can only watch old shows. No Tulsa King, no Lioness, nothing new. Update, i tested this on another account side by side. It's the ads that cause the error. Content will play until Paramount wants to show me an ad, thats when the error occurs. Whatever ads they have on the newer shows are not able to work on my Roku Premier.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for elaborating on this issue. @amandajtener and @RickTX1,

Can you further specify if you subscribed to this channel from Roku or was it from Paramount Plus directly? If it's the latter, may we know if you have already raised this with them? They may be able to look closely at the issue and provide initial steps to sort it out. Lastly, if you happen to have another Roku device, was the same issue happening?

Please keep us updated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.