Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Pandora will not work on my Roku devices

Jump to solution

I just got the Roku Express 4K with Voice Remote Pro today through Amazon. I click on Pandora and I get:

"Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again."

No matter how many times I click Pandora it WILL NOT LOAD!

I see this has been an issue for a while and has been reported. What is Roku doing about it?

Do not ask me to delete the channel, restart my device, add the channel again. Or press the asterisk button and check for an update. None of it works just like it hadn't for any of the other people reporting this issue!

Are you just ignoring this Roku?

FIX IT RIGHT NOW! And don't try to blame it on Pandora because Pandora works on all of my other Roku devices except for this new Roku Express 4K!

0 Kudos
gkstep794
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My newest 4K + Express sill won’t play or get to login. Even as the older Express 4K+ works no problem on the other tv. My conclusion is Roku can’t fix, doesn’t know how to fix, and doesn’t really care that we have this issue. If it is device issue or a programming they seem to have decided it’s are problem. 

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I demand a real investigation into this issue. The suggestions by the moderators here DO NOT WORK to fix the problem. @RokuCarly suggesting we reach out to Pandora is a joke. She is trying to pass the buck to a different company in order to avoid the blame being put where it belongs, on Roku!

The Pandora channel works perfectly fine on my old Roku 2 (2015), my two Roku Streaming Stick 4K (2022), my Roku Express+ (2018) and also on my two Roku Ultra (2017) players. I also used frequently two Roku HD players from 2011 for many years which also ran Pandora perfectly! These are ALL Roku devices which are running the latest version of the operating system and the Pandora channel! So nice try trying to blame Pandora for this!

The fault here obviously lies with Roku and they have to own it. There must be a defect in the Roku Express 4K hardware that conflicts with the Pandora channel and something needs to be fixed with an update for it to work. Either that or the player itself is defective and should be recalled and customers should be refunded. Roku just sitting back and doing absolutely nothing about this issue while trying to point the finger at Pandora is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!

You are a multi billion dollar company Roku, you need to step up and investigate and actually fix issues like this! Fix whatever is wrong with Pandora now because I'm sick of getting this error message every single time I click to load the channel!

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

So Roku, are you looking into this issue at all? Or are you guys just ignoring it? I still can't use Pandora on my new Roku Express 4K. Are the Roku software programmers going to fix this problem with an update?

The silence on this issue is really sad and unacceptable. Customers who bought this Roku model deserve a fix for this immediately!

If this is a hardware issue that cannot be fixed with a software update then anyone with this model Roku should receive a free upgrade to a better Roku player in which Pandora actually loads properly and works!

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Still waiting for Roku to fix Pandora on the Roku Express 4K model.

Are you guys intentionally doing nothing? Ignoring your customers on this issue is unacceptable. I keep getting the same error message.

When is this going to be resolved? Is Roku doing anything at all about this?

What a lousy company!

0 Kudos