Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating as stated on my TV monitor

My device is overheating, so says the tv monitor.  The serial # is SN:CT3960299530

It is connected to the HDMI 3 space at the rear of the TV

Thanks,

Terrence Jue

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Overheating as stated on my TV monitor

Hi @terrencejue,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue? If you haven't yet, you can follow these steps:

1. Carefully unplug the power cable from your Roku player and allow it to cool down.
  2. Find a cooler location for your Roku player; avoid placing the unit:
    • Inside a cabinet or other closed space.
    • On top of other electronic devices such as cable boxes, routers, or audio/video receivers.
    • In direct sunlight.
  3. Wait at least 10 minutes for your Roku player to cool down. Once cooled, plug the power cable back in and wait for the Roku player to power on. If you still see the above message or the Roku player shows a SOLID RED LIGHT, then immediately unplug the power cable.
  4. Repeat step 3 one more time. If the problem persists, then you should stop using your Roku player.

If your Roku Streaming Stick is overheating, you can try installing a free HDMI extender to help move it away from the back of your TV.

Please keep us posted on what you find out!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos