Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ewing
Reel Rookie

Over The Air Channels (network tv) Disappeared

I did a factory reset as well. IT DID NOT HELP. My local channels are still gone. Time is money, and I've spent more valuable hours trying to fix this issue than the TV (brand new) was even worth.

If this issue isn't resolved by the time I go to bed tonight, I'll spend tomorrow packing it up and returning to the place where I bought it. 

This is positively ridiculous. Now I realize why left this TV in my cart for 3 days before purchasing. I had doubts. But we're all going in repeated circles here having to change one thing, then another, then resetting another option, and quite frankly, it's BS. I've had enough.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Over The Air Channels (network tv) Disappeared

Hi, @Ewing 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with the Over The Air Channel disappearing on your Roku TV, and we're here to help. We recommend following the steps below to scan OTA channels. 

To access over-the-air (OTA) broadcast television on a Roku TV, you can connect an aerial antenna to the TV's Live TV input and perform a channel scan:

1. Connect a coaxial cable from the antenna to the Roku TV's Live TV input 
  2. Turn on the Roku TV and go to Home 
  3. Select Live TV 
  4. If Live TV is not visible, go to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input 
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup 
  6. Perform a channel scan

For more information, you can visit this support article on How to set up the Antenna TV input on your Roku TV™

We hope you find this information helpful, and keep us posted on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
zdm

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I follow these instructions and the local over the air channels show up immediately after the scan. However, if I exit live TV, then go back to it, my over the air channels disappear. Also, the “hide streaming channels “ prompt does not work

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @zdm 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with Over-The-Air (OTA) channels that disappear when you exit the Live TV, and we appreciate you for performing the suggested troubleshooting steps in an attempt to resolve the issue. Our team would like to investigate on this matter, and request the information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Photo or video referring to the issue.

The details we gather are significant to our investigation. We hope to hear back from you along with the information requested.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.