Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] HDCP errors on device

@Pielswheels

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your device information we have requested.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CP3910
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] HDCP errors on device and streaming issues using airplay on Daily Motion.

Roku updated yesterday to 11.5.0 build 4235.  I can no longer use Airplay to stream from Dailymotion.com which was working fine before the update.  My Youtube is still streaming fine just like it did before the update.  I tried Appleplay from a few Apple devices and they all now have the same problem.  As stated they are fine on Youtube but just sit there at the initial Airplay screen when trying to stream Dailymotion.   I also one time saw a screen pop up with red writing that said HDCP error and gave some info, but it went off and I could not get anything written down because it was only on for a few seconds.   Whatever happened it occurred since the update yesterday.  I can watch Dailymotion videos fine on my computer alone with no streaming and also on iphone and iPad, but can no longer use Airplay to stream to my Roku and watch on TV ever since the 11.5.0 build 4235 installed yesterday. Please advise. thanks!

0 Kudos
Pielswheels
Binge Watcher

Is Roku going to be buying these players back or are we to go through the original retailer? This does not look like anything is going to be figured out anytime soon. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CP3910

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-brand and model TV you are using
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-were you previously experiencing an HDCP error prior to the OS 11.5 update

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pielswheels
Binge Watcher

I've done this twice already with no resolution.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Connecting Pyle PFA540BT to my Roku TV

@jasontramey

Thanks for the post. 

If you are experiencing an issue regarding HDCP errors on the most recent OS 11.5 build, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-brand and model TV you are using
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-were you previously experiencing an HDCP error prior to the OS 11.5 update

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pielswheels
Binge Watcher

Please let me know when I can expect a response from the responsible team at Roku. I need to return this device if I am unable to use it. Thank you

0 Kudos
asarcar

HDCP error on non- HDCP compatible TV

Well, I recently bought the Roku Express for my TV, a Samsung UN40FH5005k. Now I believe my TV is non HDCP compatible. When I connect the Roku to the TV it shows the ROKU starting thing and then it goes green for a while, and then it shows the main menu. When I try to play anything, it plays for like 2 minutes and then the HDCP error 020 pops up. I tried every fix as to change the display setting (which works for like 2 min and then the error pops out again), switching cables, the whole process of unplugging the HDMI cable and the power from both devices. I just wanted to know if there's anything I could do to make it work. I´ve read about the splitters but I'm trying to konw if it works before I put any money on it. Thanks

0 Kudos
CP3910
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

No need to send you all the info.

While I was gathering all the info I realized everything is working fine now.  I am able to stream just as I always did and all is fine.  Maybe someone made a software correction in the blast 24 hrs.  I am so glad to see it is working as it always did.  Whatever was happening to cause the problem whether it was the Roku software update or my cable company or whatever it was it is fixed..  

Thanks very much!  Have a great day.  

0 Kudos
Pielswheels
Binge Watcher

just returned the Roku device. I like the interface on Roku over Firestick, but if it doesn't work it really doesn't matter. hopefully Roku can figure things out for the rest of you.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.