Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal screen at startup.

Jump to solution

I sorted the signal when I switched on. I have the roku screen in front of me ,and I have pressed the home button and nothing is happening. What do i do now?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dR2osP4tE7g,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We understand that you're having issues with your device, and we're here to help.

For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, when did you start having this issue? what software version is your Roku device currently running? (Check on Settings > System > About.)

We also recommend performing the below steps to see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Power-cycle your Roku player: unplug it from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  2. Check for updates. Go to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now
  3. Restart your Roku player. Go to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.
  4. Last resort, factory reset. Go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset.

This should fix the problem you're having, but if it doesn't, please let us know so we can continue assisting.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dR2osP4tE7g,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We understand that you're having issues with your device, and we're here to help.

For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, when did you start having this issue? what software version is your Roku device currently running? (Check on Settings > System > About.)

We also recommend performing the below steps to see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Power-cycle your Roku player: unplug it from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  2. Check for updates. Go to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now
  3. Restart your Roku player. Go to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.
  4. Last resort, factory reset. Go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset.

This should fix the problem you're having, but if it doesn't, please let us know so we can continue assisting.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnnyTHCeeds
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The unit came on to do some setup. It did some download then it went to the no signal screen on the tv...

I unplugged, timed one minute and replugged... Purple Bouncing Roku lasted about a minute, then went black for about one minute, then, back to the no signal screen. 

Remote only worked during the initial setup procedure... It has no effect other than the power light will flash with certain buttons... 

I tried to reset it several times but 'No Signal'.

I can find no help

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try a factory reset.  Find the reset button and with the power connected press and hold it for 30 seconds.  Once it restarts, you should be back at the "Let's get started" screen.

How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JohnnyTHCeeds
Reel Rookie

Re: No signal screen at startup.

Jump to solution

Did the reset and this time it cut to no signal right after the internet connection test. Started circling and cut off.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No signal screen at startup.

Jump to solution

Hi @JohnnyTHCeeds,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem setting up your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Please tell us more details so that we can better understand the problem you are having.

• How are you powering your Roku device?
  • Have you tried a different outlet, HDMI port, cable, and adapter?

Please ensure that you are powering your Roku device directly from the wall power outlet. You can also try a different outlet, HDMI port, cable, and adapter to see if it does anything. Feel free to update us here on how it goes.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos