Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KurtT
Binge Watcher

Re: No HDR 10 from AppleTV+ app

Jump to solution

Randy,

The response from Roku looks suspiciously like an automated response. 

I have confirmed that the Apple TV app works fine on Apple TV 4K latest (3rd gen) devices, even when coupled to an HDR10+ display  

However, when i last tested my almost brand new Fire TV Stick 4K Max device a couple of days ago, it had the same problem as my Roku Ultra: No HDR whatsoever was output from the Apple TV app to mu HDR10+ display. 

0 Kudos
KurtT
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

… so it’s not just the Roku platform on which the Apple Tv app does not play nicely with HDR10+ displays. 

I lost patience with Apple fixing this problem & purchased a new Apple TV 4K device. Maybe that is why Apple are dragging their feet on a fix: to force consumers away from their competitors and onto their own devices. 

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Tracker RM-103-290

Device ID S02A213342 RM

model 4800X

serial x01000h342RM (S02A213342RM)

software version 12.5.5. Build 4174-C2

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My fire stick is providing HDR 10+ for the Apple channel. Granted mine is an older one couple of years old   

I also have an older Roku express on another TV that doesn’t do HDR 10+ but it does plain HDR and the HDR for Apple is working on that older Roku.  

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @randys,

We appreciate your cooperation!

Could you also provide the channel version by highlighting the channel and pressing the star button on your Roku remote?

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                          John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Is there a way to disable HDR10+ on Roku? Since it appears to be working fine on devices connected to DV or normal HDR10 displays and only affecting displays with HDR10+ support, I'm curious if disabling HDR10+ would solve the problems.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BarelyTylorable,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further. Please check out this support article here.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stab74
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue mentioned here several times already.  Using a Samsung QN90B TV and Roku Ultra streaming device.

No HDR on any titles played from the Apple TV app library whether they are listed as DV or HDR.  The Revenant is listed in the store as an HDR10+ title and it also does not display in any HDR format on my set.

I also tried using the built in Apple TV app from the TV itself and nothing changed, movies still do not display in HDR.

Literally every other app that supports HDR works without any issue, the common denominator here is strongly pointing to the Apple TV app not functioning correctly on Samsung TV sets.  I am curious to see if and how this gets resolved.

0 Kudos
KurtT
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, Go to Settings->Display Type. It should show that HDR10+ has been automatically selected. Scroll down and select (Manual) HDR10. I tried this myself out of curiosity, but I've already forgotten whether this change allowed the Apple TV app to pass basic HDR10 (HDR10+ will obviously be disabled). I never planned to keep it this way as then the other apps that support HDR10+ (Paramount+, Hulu etc)would be downgraded to HDR10 only.

Try it and let us know if it at least allows the Apple app to pass HDR10. My vague memory is that it did NOT, but as I explained I wasn't particularly interested in the results, so I'm not sure.

Kurt

0 Kudos
Stab74
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had already tried this myself, it doesn't allow any form of HDR still.

0 Kudos