Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jtyv1
Reel Rookie

Re: No HDR 10 from AppleTV+ app

Jump to solution

I'm checking in because I'm recently experiencing the same issue using Apple tv+. Older model 4670x Roku ultra on the latest update. Can't get any HDR activation, but all the other apps activate HDR as usual. Here's hoping a fix shows up.

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes absolutely no change, no fix, kind of ridiculous.

0 Kudos
KurtT
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, the issue whereby all content from the Apple TV app is passed in SDR to HDR10+ displays has not been corrected. Given that there hasn’t been a new update to the Apple TV app since the early January version that caused the problem, this is not that surprising. 

I am hopeful that when the app is finally updated that it fixes this problem, but have no idea when that might be. I check every few nights to see if anything’s changed. Also on AVS Forums, one of the posters keeps track of all app updates to the Roku Premiere & Ultra devices. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We really do appreciate your reports about this and your keeping us posted.

We've made a report on this with the concerned team, and this is currently under investigation.

Please do share with us the details below so that we can provide an update on this.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Channel version (highlight the channel tile, press the * sign button, then share the version #)

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KurtT
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Here is my information from the 3 steps you requested:

Step 1:

Model: 4802X - Roku Ultra

Serial Number: X01000XL7FTX

Device ID: S0DA223L7FTX

Software Version: 12.5.5 . build 4174-C2

Step 2 - Tracker ID: TX-093-638

Step 3 - Channel (Apple TV) Version: 14.1 . build 66

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KurtT,

Thanks for the update along with this information!

We'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once an update is available, we'll make sure to keep this thread posted.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Still no HDR with Apple on Roku, will this ever be fixed?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @randys,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Apple TV channel. We're happy to assist you further. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Is this the only channel that you're having issues with?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have taken so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes, like everybody else it’s the only channel that HDR does not work on and it works on Apple channel on all of the other streaming devices that I own like the Apple device and the fire stick.  

I have deleted the app and added it back on, I have rebooted the Roku, what what do you suggest?

Your question implies that Roku still does not acknowledge that this is a system wide problem that everyone is having, are you saying that it isn’t?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @randys,

Thank you for the additional information!

We want to investigate further this issue that you're having with the Apple TV channel. Can you please provide the following information that @RokuERey provided above?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.