Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Netflix freezing on and off - no one has the solution?

@sumatrakhan wrote:

My 3810X model that was having the Netflix issue did not have a voice remote. We had a 3900X model that wasn't being used, so switched to that (it does have a voice remote), and now Netflix works perfect.

But you know....it's our internet.

Model 3810 is a Streaming Stick+. It came with a Voice Remote. The information you're providing is at odds with standard Roku packaging. What remote does it have? Did you get it second hand and someone include an old Roku 3 remote with it? I'm trying to figure out how you got a remote with a 3810 that wasn't a Voice Remote. It's not being new in the box is the only way that comes to mind.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
sumatrakhan
Reel Rookie

@DBDukes Honestly, we have a few TVs and if we got a newer Roku we'd use that and give the old one to someone if they wanted, so the remotes probably just got mixed up at some point. I just wanted to clarify that when I was having the Netflix problem with the 3810X it was paired with a non-voice remote.

0 Kudos
AZsfAdmin
Reel Rookie

My Roku Express has been having issues with Netflix as well. Which is annoying since I bought it specifically because it was supposed to be good for Netflix. It's been freezing up for a few seconds intermittently the last few days. It's been more frequent today despite the connection saying "excellent". I also just upgraded to a newer modem a few months ago so it should be working fine. Checked for software updates available for it too, nothing. I've restarted it a few times today. After the recent restart it seems to be okay so far...fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @AZsfAdmin

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Netflix or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Netflix and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

I recently started having the same issue, it had done it a few months ago and then cleared itself up. Now I simply can't watch anything. It seems to play the audio in the background the TV picture doesn't advance and it repeats.  At first I thought it was a bad internet connection, but it doesn't do it on any other stream or early in the day when it's fastest.  I get about 80 for a internet speed test.  else. And yes Netflix plays fine on other devices. I have read that the solution is to reset or empty the cache, but I am hesitant to do this without seeing it on the actual Roku company website because I don't want to screw it up. I am curious why there is nothing on here about resetting of the cache or clearing or emptying the cache 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ruralwannabe

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried unplugging your Roku device for 10-15 minutes then plugging it back in to see if the issue persists?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jccm

I have a 3810 and same freezing issue witth netflix

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jccm

Thanks for your post. 

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? May we ask if the issue only occurs on Netflix or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Or have you tried the suggested tips above to see if it helps? 

With more details, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos