Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmb93021
Channel Surfer

Netflix UI-800-02 error code

Jump to solution

recently received the 4k stick and have no problems with all my streaming channels except for Netflix.  Netflix will not load properly and constantly gives UI-800-02 error code.   Tried deleting app, reinstalling, factory reset, all other options, nothing works.   Netflix works fine on my other roku devices and smart tv's.   roku said they would call me back, but no response.  anyone else find a solution for this ?

Labels (1)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix UI-800-02 error code

Jump to solution

Hello, @rmb93021!

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you may encounter issues with your Netflix channel. This error happens when there is an issue with the data stored on your device, which stops Netflix from playing.

Here's how you can fix the issue:

Restart your device:

• Turn off your Roku device. Unplug your device's power cable.
  • Make sure your Roku device is completely off, not just in sleep or standby mode.
  • Leave your device off for 15 seconds.
  • Turn on your Roku device and try Netflix again.

For additional troubleshooting steps, please visit our support page on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

Please keep us updated on how it goes!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for your update, @rmb93021!

We appreciate the time and effort you've put into resolving this Netflix issue. Please note that since this issue is specific to Netflix, we suggest contacting their customer support team, Netflix ContactUS, for further assistance and clarification. It's important to know that the majority of content on the Roku platform is provided and managed independently by the streaming channels' providers.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

The Netflix UI-800-02 error code is a common issue with these channels. This error occurs when data stored on your device is corrupted, preventing Netflix from playing. Here are some troubleshooting steps that might help.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Uninstall the channel: Highlight the channel, press the * button, and select "remove".
  2. Clear cache and data: From the Roku home screen, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset. Choose "Reset connection" and proceed to the next step.
  3. Restart your Roku device: Unplug your TV and then plug it back in. This step can help clear any temporary cache or data-causing issues.
  4. Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. Test your internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Check connection on your Roku device. If your connection is weak or unstable, try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.
  5. Re-install the channel: Press the home button on your Roku remote, scroll, and select "Store". Then add the channel from there.

If you've tried all the steps above and are still experiencing issues, we highly recommend contacting the channel provider, such as Netflix contactUs, for further assistance. The majority of content on the Roku platform is actually provided and managed separately by the streaming channels' providers.

Hope this info helps!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BD504, thank you for keeping us in the loop!

We sincerely appreciate the detailed information provided and your cooperation in addressing this issue. Your input is valuable to us. If you encounter this issue again, please do not hesitate to inform us so that we can thoroughly investigate and resolve it.

Thank you for your understanding and continued participation in our community.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
rmb93021
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

i constantly get error UI-800-02 when i try to start Netflix on my Roku 4k streaming stick.   No issues with it running on older roku devices that i have on other televisions.   all applications work just fine, except Netflix.  Called Samsung, they said it was Netflix, so called them.  Netflix said it was Roku and when i called Roku they said that they needed to investigate and would get back to me within 24 hours.  Unfortunately no one got back to me.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix or get Roku to do what they say and resolve this?   I would appreciate any help.  (prior post had wrong error code that is being displayed)

rmb93021
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

error code i am getting is ui-800-02 NOT ui-800-01.    STILL NO RESPONSE FROM ROKU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello, @rmb93021!

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you may encounter issues with your Netflix channel. This error happens when there is an issue with the data stored on your device, which stops Netflix from playing.

Here's how you can fix the issue:

Restart your device:

• Turn off your Roku device. Unplug your device's power cable.
  • Make sure your Roku device is completely off, not just in sleep or standby mode.
  • Leave your device off for 15 seconds.
  • Turn on your Roku device and try Netflix again.

For additional troubleshooting steps, please visit our support page on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

Please keep us updated on how it goes!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rmb93021
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've tried that multiple times and Roku support has had me perform perform factory reset, delete the application, reinstall application, turn everything off turn everything back on multiple times, Netflix still shows the same error and support had me provide the internal error codes.  They indicated they would respond within 24 hours, but that time has come ne and gone with no resolution or contact.     

Please assist

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for your update, @rmb93021!

We appreciate the time and effort you've put into resolving this Netflix issue. Please note that since this issue is specific to Netflix, we suggest contacting their customer support team, Netflix ContactUS, for further assistance and clarification. It's important to know that the majority of content on the Roku platform is provided and managed independently by the streaming channels' providers.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rmb93021
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I contacted netflix, who told me to call Roku as the problem only occurs on the Roku ultra 4k stick.   I provided the error codes to Roku support, but no one has followed up.   Passing the buck back to Netflix doesn't help.   I called Netflix who had me call samsung, samsung had me call roku, initially, roku had me call netflix who in turn told me to call roku.  roku finally admitted there was a problem with the roku ultra 4k stick but no one is taking 'ownership' of the problem to get it resolved.

Please get someone in roku technical team to review the information provided to roku support and of course, if they need more data, i would be happy to share the entire page that shows all the error data on the roku device.

Please assist other than telling me to call someone else !!!!!!!!!!

rmb93021
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

as a side note, others have had to uninstall/reinstall, or reset their roku device to get it to work with netflix, but none of their resolutions work for me.  the fact that they experienced the same errors and after doing the above got their device to work properly demonstrates that the problem is with roku not netflix.

rmb93021
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

this is from the Netflix site: Netflix Error ui-800-2

Netflix has encountered an error. Retrying in [X] seconds.
Code: ui-800-2

This error happens when an issue with data stored on your device stops Netflix from playing.

To fix the problem:

If you use a Samsung TV or Blu-ray player:

Contact Samsung

i can't get the device past the point where i can log in, so i can't log out !!   I have followed all recommendations above,,and need assistance from Roku !!!!

Timry2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue.  Just received a new 4K stick and I cant get Netflix to load to even sign out.  Can someone give us a code to access a hidden menu to delete the login information for Netflix.   All of the other apps work, and Netflix still works on my older streamers.  I will be returning the 4K stick and going back to the older stick

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.