Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chr1sH4ll
Reel Rookie

Re: My new Roku Ultra keeps losing its HDMI connection to my TV

Jump to solution

What do you mean “when” are your choices?

0 Kudos
Lokjaws
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When you go to Settings, display type, what options do you see? You should be able to select between  4K TV or 1080 TV or 720 TV, or Auto Detect ect..

Select the right one for your TV. Do not use Auto Detect, or 4K Dolby Vision TV (even if that’s what you have) 

Also check: 
Settings, system, advance system settings, advance display settings. Auto adjust display refresh rate = on. 

Jump to solution

Just got my stics installed today. Switched to 1080p not auto and refresh on. Will update if any issue 

0 Kudos
Tackh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We bought good quality HDMI cable & ended up claiming a warranty on our Roku ultra for doing the same thing. The 1st day we installed the new on sent from Roku it did the very same thing. Any ideas what to try? 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Tackh 

Generally, the possible causes are:

1. TV HDMI port
  2. HDMI cable
  3. Roku device

While there could be other things, these would be most likely.

You indicated, but didn't specifically say, that you changed HDMI cables. Yes, you said you bought some new ones, but you never said you first tried others. I'm going to assume you did, but if you only ever used the one set, then you need to try another cable and test this.

You changed out the Roku device. Yes, it's possible for two to be bad, but not likely.

That leaves the TV HDMI port. Most TVs have multiple HDMI ports. Try another one.

Also, if you have a device connected to one of the other HDMI ports, power down, unplug the HDMI cable from the other device and plug it into the Roku, then power up and see what happens.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Tackh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, the same issue happens with the new HDMI cable & we’ve tried switching the ports. We went to settings & made sure it was on 1080 so hopefully that works. Not sure what else to do. 

0 Kudos
APeay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@BRocker43 @Tackh @DBDukes @mikemoretti55 @Lokjaws 

Another solution would be to disable the auto power savings under system > power > auto power savings.

I also found that I can wake up The Roku by using the Roku app. The on screen display will say no signal but from the app if I select a channel (YouTube for example) the TV responds as you would expect and everything comes back to life. If you have a remote with channel shortcuts, pressing any one of the shortcuts should also bring your Roku back to life. 

0 Kudos
APeay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If you have a remote with channel shortcuts, pressing any one of the shortcuts should also bring your Roku back to life. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The problem appeared immediately after the update. Could they be related?

0 Kudos
PeggyMae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I read all the other suggestions for a fix and tried everything.  Finally I got on a CHAT with Roku and found the fix.  Well, it's a week now and I haven't had to unplug and replug my device yet.

Here's the fix:

1.   Go to Settings from the ROKU main menu

2.  Go to SYSTEM

3.   Go to POWER

4.  Go to AUTO POWER SAVINGS

a.  If there is a check box next to "After 20 minutes of no interaction "  remove it

b.  Select System Restart