Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeneralZ
Reel Rookie

Movie GallowWalkers - Closed Caption Spanish only?

Started to watch movie "GallowWalkers" on the RokuChannel.  I have Closed Caption turn on and in English, my normal settings.  However, the Closed Caption is showing in Spanish.  I went to another program and the Closed Caption is fine.  Went back to GallowWalkers and checking the CC settings, all look fine.  So why Spanish?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Movie GallowWalkers - Closed Caption Spanish only?

Hello! @GeneralZ,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the closed captioning for Gallow Walkers showing in Spanish. We understand how frustrating it can be when you're trying to watch a movie and the subtitles are not in your preferred language.

Rest assured that we will do everything we can to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Our team is currently investigating the problem to find a solution.

In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Movie GallowWalkers - Closed Caption Spanish only?

@GeneralZ-

Checking this out I get the same thing.   Pressing the * remote key and going to Accessibility and Language > Captioning track shows only the English (US) track available.  That means the wrong caption track was linked at the source.  

Roku will have to contact their source for this film about the issue, which should happen now that you've alerted Roku and they have acknowledged it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X