Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jatftw

Re: Max App pause and playback issue

Has anyone tried using the Roku remote app to control the pause/play instead of the hand-held remote?

0 Kudos
MrXxx
Roku Guru

@aaron_digital 

As a developer, you should know better than anyone else that when you find a bad app on the Microsoft Store, or Apple Apps, or anywhere else were you download apps, that when that app misbehaves you don't blame Apple, Microsoft or in this case Roku. If you really are a developer, you'd know that. I am not a developer, just a very long time user and I know better than that. This isn't the place to lodge your complaints. Max is. Go there and tell them about it. All the screaming here is just screaming into the void. Max doesn't watch the Roku forum. Why would they? They have their own systems for reporting problems. It's not Roku's or Max's fault that everyone here is not going to them specifically to deal with this issue. Complaining here is like bashing your head against a wall complaining you have a headache and blaming the wall. Useless.

And by the way, I'm NOT a moderator, nor have I seen any moderator (I may have missed it, I didn't read the entire forum. Why would I? Waste of time!) threaten to shut down this thread. Although, if they did, I would fully support them doing so, since there is NOTHING anyone here can do about this issue. Zero, nada, ZIP, NOTHING.

onn Roku 43" TV model 100012584 running version 12.0.0
Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉
0 Kudos
Cshaffer18
Reel Rookie

Hey… nobody is blaming Roku. I think we all know this is Max’s developer's fault… but this is a way to get the issues to light. So lighten up and GFY.  The issue is real. The issue has persisted. And if the problem is here chances are it’s elsewhere. 

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

I sent Max the link to all this a week ago.  I used the feedback link at their website.   So some of us thought of that.  

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@aaron_digital wrote:

lol this is absolutely insane that this problem has persisted this long. and the mods trying to shut it down lmao

I haven't seen any moderator make any attempt to stifle this conversation. But some of us are simply reminding the users that there is nothing Roku can do about this issue. It must be fixed by HBO, and no one else can do anything about it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Cyph3r

I just fixed this issue by going to Home/Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset/Reset connection. As should be obvious, be sure you know your internet connection info. Your tv/Roku will turn off. Turn back on. When you're back on the home screen, go to Settings/Network/Set up connection, choose connection type, put in info and connect. Worked for me first try.

0 Kudos
rc6
Streaming Star

Regarding the above post, the issue is most likely not fixed by those steps. It is intermittent and will not necessarily happen the first time you pause/resume.

0 Kudos
rc6
Streaming Star

Regarding the comments from some users that we should be going to the Max website instead of this one, I am not aware of any user forum operated by the Max streaming service or the corporate owner. If anyone I'd aware of such a site, please advise.

0 Kudos
MrXxx
Roku Guru

They have a feedback link easily found in less a minute. Just look for it. Most companies do not have forums for good reason. They're a pain in the neck to moderate and costly. If you try hard enough to find them almost every company has a way to contact them and report problems. Max is one of them.

Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉
0 Kudos
MrXxx
Roku Guru

@Cshaffer18 

NO. It's not the way to get Max's attention. Talking to them is. Do you really think Max pays anyone there to read any and all forum posts from here to Reddit pertaining to their app? No, they do not, so you can either go to their web site and tell them what's going on or chase the wind. Your choice.

And knock off the personal attacks. It's infantile.

0 Kudos