Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rc6
Streaming Star

Re: Max App pause and playback issue

Also note the Max app is version 54.5, build 0 and is up to date.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@rc6,

Thanks for the information you provided,

We have passed your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. 

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
LMC1972
Binge Watcher

Yes, there is still this issue!  Trying to watch Doctor Who, and it's jumping all over the place each time I have to pause.  Very annoying.

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Instead of Pause, I've started hitting back(left arrow on the remote).  It may take about 5 seconds longer to go back to playing it but it's better than trying to find where left off or memorizing the time bar which is hard enough cos it's so tiny and only shows time left and not time elapsed.  

RickyZ
Binge Watcher

This is happening on both of my RoKu's.

Both are model 3941RW - Roku Express 4K+

RoKu # 1

Serial #: X01600ART7J3
Device ID: S0AH224RT7J3
Software/OS: 12.0.0 Build 4184-CR

RoKu # 2

Serial #: X01600YC0YN8
Device ID: S0AH21AC0YN8
Software/OS: 12.0.0 Build 4184-CR

I looked at the HBO Max settings on RoKu # 1. It has this:

Device OS = Roku OS
Device OS = Version 12.0.0.4184
Version = 54.5.0 (1.5.0)
Build = 51

The Tracker ID process does not work on these devices.

To reproduce the issue, let a program run for a few minutes, pause it for a few moments, and when you unpause it will rewind back to the last time it was paused.  In addition, if you don't pause it first and hit the button to go back ten seconds, it starts rewinding instead of going back ten seconds and restarting.

Here is a link to a video that shows what's happening: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vi0MJfmWMHozZr9ojN-pHIgUS0DYxVm1/view?usp=sharing

63g6vg35y35y
Reel Rookie

Just happened. Watching Killing Eve near beginning of episode whatever. Paused, waited played, it started a couple minutes earlier in the episode.

4660x roku ultra

serial#  yj002w159319

12.0.0 build 45184-46

deviceid#  ck48a2159319

max app 54.5 build 0

0 Kudos
LMC1972
Binge Watcher

Thanks.  I'll try it, but with family sometimes interrupting, I sure hope they get something else figured out!

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @63g6vg35y35y @RickyZ,

Thanks for the additional details about this, and we'll have this information relayed to the appropriate Roku team as an added detail.

We'll make sure to update this thread once information is available about this issue.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JeRrYFaR

Please watch RixkyZ's video above. That is exactly what everyone has been having happen. 

0 Kudos
Lucy10

Yes.  I have the same issue.  I go to home and restart Max to continue watching.  Would like a fix for this 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.