Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bess_
Reel Rookie

Re: Max App pause and playback issue

To resume video playback, I've adopted the following methods:

1. Press the replay button. However, occasionally it triggers a rewind instead of a direct replay.

2. Alternatively, press the rewind button, then promptly hit the back (<-) arrow to halt the rewind. This action picks up playback right from the paused point.

Both methods have their quirks, but they work. This issue is quite bothersome and the glitch is highly inconvenient. Does anyone know who I should contact to address this?

kimkfisher
Channel Surfer

I have restarted modem/router/Roku.  I have also submitted a support ticket to MAX.  They say do the same thing.  I am unable to delete and re-add the MAX app as I subscribe through Roku. I do think it is an application problem that HBO is unwilling to admit.

DvsGirl

Same issues here. About to switch to a fire stick if it keeps happening 🤬

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for informing us about the issue and also want to appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue. It might be best to contact the channel provider directly and inquire further about this issue, since our channel partners develop, design, and maintain their channels here on the Roku platform.

We hope for the best for you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Cshaffer18
Reel Rookie

Yes! Everytime I pause for a couple minutes when I hit play it rewinds a lot. If you’re relatively early in the show it keeps starting over. Happened 3 times already during tonight’s Hard Knocks episode. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
kimkfisher
Channel Surfer

I worked with HBO support.  All they had me do is what I told them I had already tried.  Reboot router, restart Roku, logout and login to MAX.  They said they would pass the issue on but not sure about that.

BostonMikeA
Reel Rookie

I paused to look this issue up and wouldn’t you know, it happened again and I’m not alone. Having tried all the standard troubleshooting techniques I guess we’ll have to wait for MAX to fix this according to the replies here. Oh well… 

Savy

Yes it’s really annoying me dose anyone have any tips to solve this

0 Kudos
Mikeinnh

This is also happening to me.  Roku ultra. I have started using the back arrow to go out and hitting resume play. It works

bess_
Reel Rookie

Try doing the opposite, from the paused video screen, start a rewind (with the rewind button) and then hit back ( to cancel). Your video should start playing from the right spot! =] 

This lets you resume without wasting time exiting, and re-entering the video player !