Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgreb
Reel Rookie

Re: Max App pause and playback issue

It's even worse than that. Pause for 10 seconds and it jumps over 2 minutes upon resume. This only recently started happening (a few weeks ago) that I noticed it.

I just paused a movie for 5 seconds, and it jumped back 4 minutes.

0 Kudos
bgreb
Reel Rookie

Yeah, this is definitely an HBO MAX app issue. No other app has this problem that I've seen on Roku.

How do we contact HBO then?

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for informing us about this.

As previously mentioned in the comment above this thread, contacting the MAX is a good option to start and inquire further about this issue. We're also taking note of the information you've provided and we're looking closely at the issue at the moment.

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
depreciated
Channel Surfer

Max said that they are aware of the issue and it is affecting nearly everyone with a Roku device. They are actively working on it.

WolfMaMa
Reel Rookie

Im having the same issue with shows skipping backwards, now I just paused at the beginning of a show and it skipped forward about 30 minutes. I gave up on the Max representative being any help. They just wasted my time telling me to try different things that didn't help. I kept telling them that this is a known issue that has been reported by other users and they just kept telling me to try something else before they will send a report. 

0 Kudos
Phread

Yes restarts the episode or even goes to a different one!

0 Kudos
efgrady

Great idea, thank you!!!!!

0 Kudos
Grumpy4

Thanks so much. Those workarounds are wonderful until they get this thing fixed.

0 Kudos
ccotenh

Yes.

0 Kudos
rc6
Streaming Star

This issue makes the MAX app on the Roku unusable. If I pause a program for more than a few seconds, it loses my place. Until they fix it, I'm using the app on my Samsung TV, which works fine. The app on my Samsung tablet also works without issue. I hope they fix it soon.

0 Kudos