Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Max App pause and playback issue

@BrainBlast wrote:

Is this a Roku problem or an HBO Max problem? 

It's an HBO problem, and only they can resolve it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Roku problem - it does it on different apps I have since learned.  It seems to be when I first turn on the tv and Roku and when I go to the first app & click on any video - that is when it stutters, cuts out and freezes the picture before restarting.  These Rokus are brand new.  My old 8 year old Rokus didn't even do this.  Frickin' annoying 

0 Kudos
Daphne1
Reel Rookie

Just bought a new streambar pro because we had this problem with max but also the Roku Home Screen pixilated and we had to constantly restart. Did factory reset, bought dongle for Ethernet, which seems to have helped, but first day with new streamer and went to MAX and it pixelated, and so did the Roku Home Screen. What the hey…

it’s not just max..the pixelation (letters dropping out) happens with Roku. I’m so frustrated. I’ve had Roku forever and streambar  since it was first available…and have never had this until a month ago. And that was just using wireless, not Ethernet.

0 Kudos
Barrydavillain
Reel Rookie

I've restarted my device a few times and it still persists. 

0 Kudos
rc6
Streaming Star

This is strictly a problem with the Max app on the Roku. It can only be fixed by the Max developers. Other apps on the Roku are working without issue. I've been using the Max apps on my TV and tablet until they fix it. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any forum for reporting issues like this directly to Max or WBD. 

Drake718
Channel Surfer

Yes, very annoying but no surprise. I have a lot of playback on Max and Paramount+ on Roku. I’ve given up opening cases. They have yet to acknowledge and fix a single one.

0 Kudos
Daphne1
Reel Rookie

That’s good to know….the Roku problem is due to the max problem….so I can keep my fabulous new sound at pro without worry. still annoying about max… their user interface is clunky as **bleep**, too. Ridiculous 

0 Kudos
SayerSong
Channel Surfer

Glad to know it isn't just me. I have been having issues with this. Was hoping it could be fixed, because it really is irritating. 

0 Kudos
SayerSong
Channel Surfer

Nope. Doesn't work. 

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

still having the issue.  I guess max don't give a FF - it's been 2-3 weeks now.  Always a problem with this app.  Roku needs to contact them about it but they won't since they just push it off on everybody else even when we tell them hey the app maker is not listening(various past apps).  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.