Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: MPEG2 freezing with Roku Media Player

Then it's the same app/channel, exactly what I said. I already mentioned that Roku has the ability to change aspects of their UI on different devices, and that's what you're seeing. I have no explanation why a video plays on one Roku device but not another. But it's not that they have two different versions of the app, because they don't.

Remember one thing about a Roku TV compared to a player. The TV OS has always supported MPEG-2, since that's the North American broadcast standard with ATSC 1.0. Roku didn't add MPEG-2 support to their players until the patents expired on MPEG-2, so they didn't have to pay the license for it. Even with the "same" OS versions, TVs still have a slightly different OS than the players. So the issue might be with the OS, not RMP. 

As I mentioned before, I don't have any version of the Express. I do have two Roku TVs, three Ultra players, a Premiere (3920), an Express 4K+ and Stick 4K+. Every one of these will play MPEG-2 videos without a problem. My Premiere is the closest hardware to your Express, and I just tested it yesterday to make sure it still worked. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos