Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larswebb
Reel Rookie

LIV Golf stream not working on CW app

Hello All,

The CW app works great on my ROKU Premier but. The LIV golf stream was blacked out all weekend. Other shows work fine. Any Ideas?

larswebb

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: LIV Golf stream not working on CW app

That is something you would need to ask CW about. Probably a requirement of the agreement between CW and LIV. They want to send people to their CW affiliates, not streaming.

0 Kudos
larswebb
Reel Rookie

Good Point! Thanks, I'll look in to that.

0 Kudos
DDD
Channel Surfer

I gave up and used the LIV app on my Firestick.  Sad that Roku does not have the LIV app.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @DDD

Thanks for your post. 

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Does this LIV app available on The CW channel? If that is the case, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 
Thank you for understanding. Let us know if you need additional help and we're glad to follow up. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
DDD
Channel Surfer

" Does this LIV app available on The CW channel?"   ????  I don't understand.

Roku needs to have the LIV Golf app in threRoku app store.  It is better than the CW app.

0 Kudos
larswebb
Reel Rookie

Roku has the CW app which has the LIV golf channel. CW added LIV golf recently.

The 2023 LIV Golf League is set to begin with the first tournament on February 24-26 at Mayakoba in Mexico. The CW will air all 14 global events starting at 1:00pm ET, with Friday,Saturday and Sunday rounds live Streaming on Roku.

DDD
Channel Surfer

"Roku has the CW app which has the LIV golf channel. CW added LIV golf recently."

That is the poor quality CW app that was mentioned.   LIV itself has an much better app that's available in the Google, Apple, and Amazon app stores, but is not available on Roku.

0 Kudos
molana
Reel Rookie

@DDD wrote:

"Roku has the CW app which has the LIV golf channel. CW added LIV golf recently."

That is the poor quality CW app that was mentioned.   LIV itself has an much better app that's available in the Google, Apple, and Amazon app stores, but is not available on Roku.

It's a bummer that the LIV Golf stream isn't working well on the CW app through Roku. Good news: LIV Golf has its own awesome app on Google Play, Apple Store, and Amazon. But yeah, sadly not on Roku. You might want to give the LIV app a shot on those platforms for a smoother experience. Happy golf watching! 

0 Kudos