Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @plutoaddict,

We appreciate you staying in touch with us!

We are interested in learning more about the situation at hand and our options for action.

Have you seen this issue happen before? Have you changed anything on your router that might have something to do with this?

Please tell us more about this so that we can help you even better.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DeLaine
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem.  It doesn't matter what app I go to after about 2 min it sends me back to home. I have a Roku Ultra 4800 RW. SERIEL NUMBER XO100XNSR1N (S02C215NSR1N) Software version12.5.0 build 4178-C2 GC version 10.4.37 timestamp 2023-12-08:2358z then it said problem ID TO REPORT IS ID 1N-492-143. My problem started last night 12/07/2023. Please help. I've tried all the turn this off and back on blah blah blah nothing fixes the problem. I do not want to have to do a factory reset 

plutoaddict
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have not seen this issue before today. Nothing has changed in either the router, the connection, or device setup.

SCENARIO: Open a streaming app (Paramount, Pluto, Amazon, doesn't matter which), start a video, after playing a few minutes the app exits to the Roku home screen.

TROUBLESHOOTING PERFORMED: device reset, unplug and reboot, restart modem.

ISSUE ID: 98-492-165

DEVICE: Roku Ultra Model 4660X

SERIAL NUMBER: YJ004H426798

SOFTWARE VERSION AND BUILD: 12.5.0 build 4178-46

0 Kudos
DeLaine
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No o have not seen this before and no I haven't changed anything. I just sent you the code I'd it gave me after doing the home button 5xs and backbutton 5xs. ID 1N-492-143 why can you not tell me how to fix it with this information. same problem several roku owners are having. i can watch anything it keeps booting me back to home screen.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DeLaine @plutoaddict,

Welcome, and thanks for the update!

Let's try connecting your device to an alternative network such as a mobile hotspot and then try again to see if that makes a difference.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DeLaine
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I appoligize for being so aggravated. I'm new to the community and am not sure if this is roku technicians I'm messaging with or other people like me trying to help.  I feel this is a softwear update kind of thing not a turn your device off and back on kind of thing

Fixtv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I hear you, however I ll believe it when I see it. 

0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Trust them, they just said its been forwarded to proper authorities  lol.  Believe it when you see it.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DeLaine,

Thanks for the quick response.

We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. As you mentioned you are having an issue with your Roku Ultra returning to home screen. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Check for updates (Settings > System > System update > Check now)
  2. Check Internet connection (Settings > Network > Check Connection) must be "Connected"
  3. Restart your Roku player: Settings > System > Power > System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  4. Last resort, factory reset ( Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset )

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

This should fix the problem you're having, but if it doesn't, please respond so we can help you even more.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

With respect,  just wait ! It did not go away.. I have unplugged at least 10 times