Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dadya06

Issues after software update

I updated my software on my streaming stick and now I have no audio. I’ve factory reset it, it worked snd then I turned off the tv to go to work. I come home and turned on the tv and no audio again. Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Issues after software update

Hi @dadya06,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing a sound issue on your Roku device after an update. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but we need more details.

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables?
  • Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?
  • Is your Roku device directly connected to a TV or through another device such as an audio/video receiver (AVR) or sound bar?
  • Is the issue you are experiencing only happen on a specific channel or does the loss of audio happen on all channels?
  • In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo, etc.?
  • Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to see if there's a difference? What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos