Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvertu
Binge Watcher

Re: ITVX app started crashing right upon launch

It's been 3 weeks since this critical problem has started and  I am still unable to watch ITVX on Roku. Isn't it supposed to have been resolved by now?

0 Kudos
Kroma
Reel Rookie

I've got the same problem.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Kroma 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about your experience with the ITVX app that keeps crashing on your Roku device. For this matter, we recommend performing the troubleshooting steps provided in my post above this thread. 

If the issue persists after performing those steps, kindly provide the information below 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kroma
Reel Rookie

Thank you.

It's happening on 3 devices as follows:

Device model:
1) 3930EU - Roku Express
2) 3930EU - Roku Express
3) 3940EU - Roku Express 4K

Serial no:
1) X00400M438TT
2) X00400MHDD4G
3) X01600F6N5TK

Device ID:
1) S010298438TT
2) S01V318HDD4G
3) S07U21A6N5TK

Software version:
1) 13.1.4 Build 1510-AE
2) 13.1.4 Build 1510-AE
3) 13.1.4 Build 1510-CR

Channel details:
ITVX v3.18 Build 1 (all devices)

Tracker IDs:
1) TT-373-888 
2) 4G-373-921
3) TK-373-937

Looking forward to a fix.

Thanks,

Kroma

0 Kudos
SusanCrow
Reel Rookie

Same ISSUE with ITVX, if removed then re-added, and you chose Kids account it opens, until you once again use your main account from that point on it just crashes upon launch until you remove and re-add again. Obviously when going into the kids account it's not much. 

MODEL: 3960EU - Roku Express

ITVX Version 3.18 build 1

SERIAL NUMBER: X02600VS4WDY (S0KF33CS4WDYL) 

SOFTWARE VERSION: 13.1.4 BUILD 1510-ED

GC VERSION: 12.1.17

TIMESTAMP: 2024-09-16T17:46:21Z

ISSUE ID:DY-374-026

0 Kudos

Re: ITVX app not working on Roku express device

Hi, I did all these now and it does not work. The content crashes as soon as the intro video launches. Factory reset did not work.

Slarti

ITV x crashes back to home screen during start up.

roku resets to home screen during boot up of ITV x. I have an express and 4K roku both are reverting to home screen when trying to open ITV x. I've cleared cache, powered down Uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, I've restarted both devices, all other apps work fine. Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
Crowder8

• I'm having the same problem here. Crashing when it shows itvx on screen and goes back to the main menu. I tried everything: factory reset, installing and restarting the app but nothing.
0 Kudos
KAP72

Roku Express Issues with ITVX App

Hello, 

All of a sudden today, my ITVX App does not load on my Roku Express box. 

My box is only 3 months old and has not had this issue before. 

I have deleted the app and reinstalled plus I have made sure there are no updates pending. 

All that happens is the App opens with the ITVX logo and then closes down. 
Looking at the comments, other people have experienced the same thing. 

Roku - what are you planning on doing to fix error this please? 

Re: #itvx channel wont load up. Keeps dropping out

With the greatest respect, if you read the comments, we've done as you suggest with no success. You need to inform the supplier of the app that it doesn't work on your platform. It's an issue Roku and ITVX need to resolve.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.