Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DClaffey
Reel Rookie

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

I just read through all the posts and the lack of response from Roku. I think it's time to start posting negative reviews of Roku products so others don't buy a Roku device only to have no sound.

0 Kudos
656green

Jump to solution

Every third or fourth time we turn on tv with our roku Express, there is no sound. Have to disconnect cable from device  to the tv, and start over. Once the device reboots there is sound. This is happening way too often. We own 4 Roku Express devices, and also have a Roku tv. FRUSTRATED!

0 Kudos
ElLee

Jump to solution

Is there a permanent fix. This started just within the past two months. It’s frustrating to keep unplugging and plugging. 

0 Kudos
FHH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been restarting (power off ) all 3 of my ROKU's two or three times a night. Most notably when switching to a different app ,Netflix to Prime,Prime to Hulu etc. It works but is annoying. This just started happening within the last 2 weeks,

0 Kudos
Bucky681

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information. Unplugging my 55" roku element smart tv did the trick. Thanks again. God bless you all....

0 Kudos
Carolyn-Marie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@danny

Your **Fix Post**  is a month old, and obviously people are still having the same issues. Roku needs to Fix this on going problem.

I had the same issue with No Sound... A few weeks ago I switched out my Livingroom Roku device with the Bedroom Roku device and it fixed my no sound issues. Not everyone has two or three TV's/Roku devices in their home.

Come On Man, What's the real solution to fixing this No Sound issue?

0 Kudos
KC76

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issue. Sound is fine on tv but when go to Roku no sound when trying to watch, on any channel. I can hear the sound when toggling around to channels but none when show comes on. There’s also no support given for this type of issue 

0 Kudos
Olszewp

Jump to solution

When is Roku going to fix the no sound issue with their streaming devices? I have multiple Roku devises at my home and cabin. I see the no sound issue with all of them. I must say I'm very tired of powering the device off and back on to get the sound back. 

Paul Olszewski

0 Kudos
Ipaul75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also got tired of Roku not caring. I bought an amazon fire tv 4k stick and so far a lot happier. 

Thanks,

Ipaul75

0 Kudos
joeperles

Jump to solution

Not much of a solution are you supposed to do that two to three times a night?

0 Kudos