Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PT22

Re: How to fix Roku zoomed in and cutting screen off?

Jump to solution

This is not solved.

It's real simple. It has nothing to do with our TV's or Cables or any Apps. The problem is the Roku Player and the new firmware.

My Ultra Roku was working perfect for several months, then recently in the last month or so. This "zoomed in" problem started happening. Happens multiple times a week. It's impossible to pinpoint when it will do it. Happens with any App, at any given time. But never during actual watching(any stream, any app). Only happens when you go into an app, and then start a movie, TV show, etc... any stream. In fact the app itself is never zoomed. They all look and work perfect. I could spend an hour in Netflix looking for something to watch, all work perfectly. UNTIL I hit play.

The quick fix is to unplug the Roku or do a System Restart. BUT it will do it again. Maybe not right away, but the problem will happen again. Hours? Days?. But IT WILL COME BACK. 100%. Nothing anybody(the user) can do to permanently fix it. Any "fix" you read so far is NOT an actual fix. Actually most are coincidental, you got lucky.

Firmware needs to be corrected by Roku. End of story.

Jethro90210
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Exact same issue for me.  Menu looks fine, but as soon as you "play", it's zoomed. 

Restart 'fixes' it for some period of time, but who know how long.  Happens 3-4 times a week, maybe more. 

This is REALLY annoying.

Valsmil
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku Express

Id EU-112-031

X00400CCDNEU (s008316CDNEU)

Version10.5.0

Cant see all puctures etc cut off all is too big to read how to fix. HELP

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jethro90210

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jethro90210
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I only really use 2 'channels', youtubetv and emby.  It has happened on both.

In fact, when it happened on Emby, I went home and then youtubeTV and it was fine.

But when I went back to Emby, zoomed.

I also think that on YoutubeTV, one channel/network was zoomed but if I changed to another, it was fine.  Went back to first network and still zoomed.  Restarted ROKU and then it was fine.

0 Kudos
Jethro90210
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nevermind the previous message. 

It did it again tonight (zoomed), so I changed from YoutubeTV to amazon video and it was zoomed as well.  Went back to Youtube, still zoomed, changed network, still zoomed.  

Restarted Roku, fine now.

0 Kudos
effj

Jump to solution

Restarting worked for me, thanks!!!

0 Kudos
lee57

Jump to solution

Try this,

Press home.

Goto settings

Goto system

Under system choose advanced settings

Goto advanced display settings.

Try changing auto adjust either on or off. I am thinking this setting maybe hanging your display not triggering correctly

0 Kudos
Justine2

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. It’s not on any specific CC channel it is all of them including the home page. It is slightly zoomed in cutting off parts of the screen on the border. I have a Roku express 4k+. I’m using a tv from 2009 but I feel like that shouldn’t cause this kind of issue. I’m not sure how to find the serial number.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Justine2

Thanks for the post.

How are you connecting the Roku device to your TV? If you connect the Roku device to another TV, are you experiecing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos