Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mz3600
Channel Surfer

No sound with one episode only

I am watching season 18 of deadliest catch on the Roku channel. Episode 9 played sound. Episode 11 plays sound. Episode 10 has no sound. I adjusted the volume level. I started the episode from beginning. 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No sound with one episode only

It looks like it takes a subscription to Discovery+, so I can't try it, but if you're using any of the "Volume modes" try setting it to none.  Press * on your remote while the video is playing and look for "Sound settings", "Volume leveling", or "Volume mode".  It seems I've seen it referred to all of those at one time or another.

Let us know if that works or doesn't.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mz3600
Channel Surfer

I tried what you suggested. I do not have a subscription for discovery plus. I found it in the Roku channel. There is also an icon for discovery plus on Roku.  This no sound may be an attempt to sign up subscribers. I found an audio volume mode in several places and turned leveling to off. One place was while pausing during playback. One place was I the * menu. One other place was back a level to the Roku Home Screen. None had any effect. 

0 Kudos
Mz3600
Channel Surfer

Next episode with no sound is episode 18. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mz3600

Thanks for your post. 

We have checked this TV Show and it can be streamed on Discovery GO, discovery+ | Stream TV Shows, Spectrum TV, Philo, Prime Video, Vudu, or Apple TV on your Roku device. Aside from the channel Discovery GO mentioned above, other channels require you to purchase or have a subscription before streaming this TV Show. 

If possible, do you have access to Discovery GO? We suggest you try to stream it from that channel and see if there's any difference after. 

For reference, this is the direct link for Deadliest Catch. Here we can search using the movies title, TV shows, actors, or directors to see where to stream those for free or at the lowest cost on any Roku device:

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Mz3600
Channel Surfer

No I pressed * last time for episode 10  no resolution 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Mz3600 
Thanks for the reply. 

We need more information in order to better assist you with your concerns. Could you please provide me with additional details on the issue you are facing?  Have you tried streaming the TV show on another channel? And for clarification, you experience the issue when streaming the TV show through The Roku Channel. Is that correct?

This will help us better understand your situation and offer the most appropriate and effective solution. Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Mz3600
Channel Surfer

I tried to use Discovery Go but it asked for my tv provider which is Tablo and not on the list. 

using Roku channel and selecting deadliest catch, both episodes 10 and 18 have no sound. I have experimented with settings and options with no luck. For episode 10 I watched with Cc. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Mz3600

Thanks for your post. 

I apologize for not having all the necessary information regarding the TV Show. To clarify, may I request that you provide us with a screenshot of the TV Show's cover and specify the air date/year and cast of the program? Send us as well the details required below:

• The specific season and the episode when the issue occurs, 
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About). 
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID). 

Keep us posted. This will help us ensure that we are reporting the correct information to our support team.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Mz3600
Channel Surfer

8CEEF1CD-AB1D-4D58-8ECF-7E5A6197EDB5.jpeg

02B32428-A108-4DA3-9270-2DD8C47D4BF9.jpeg

0 Kudos