Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brtilak
Channel Surfer

How do I report a problem to Roku?

Jump to solution

My problem is that closed captioning does not stay activated. I have read many comments about this and the most reliable "fix" seems to be power off then on the Roku. I don't see that as a fix, but rather a workaround for a problem that is still there.

Has Roku acknowledged that this is a problem they need to work on? Have they done anything about it yet?

I have not seen any response saying that this has been reported to Roku. How can I report this problem (which MANY people are having) to Roku?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I report a problem to Roku?

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @thompsondc1979!

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

May we first know on what app or channel you are having issues with closed captions? If this feature is already enabled through your Settings and you can't utilize it through a specific app or channel, this means that they have their own closed caption options that you must enable inside the app. Please be advised that apps and channels in the Roku streaming platform are being created, maintained, and upgraded by the channel providers themselves. 

Furthermore, if the closed captioning feature is not available on a specific app or channel inside the Roku streaming platform, we highly recommend reaching out to them for further clarification and guidance on how to enable it. 

Let us know if you have further clarifications. We'd be glad to assist you anytime. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi @brtilak 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with closed captioning on your Roku device. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure closed captioning is enabled: Go to Settings > Accessibility > Captions > Captions mode and make sure it is set to "On."

2. Check the language settings: Go to Settings > Accessibility > Captions > Language and make sure the correct language is selected.

3. Restart your Roku device: Sometimes simply restarting your device can solve issues with closed captioning. Go to Settings > System > System restart and select "Restart."

4. Check for updates: Make sure your Roku device is running the latest software. Go to Settings > System > System update > Check now to see if there are any updates available.

5. Reset your Roku device: If none of the above steps work, try resetting your device to its factory settings. Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
brtilak
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That does not address my question at all!

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@brtilak 

Thanks for your post. 

Could you tell us how can we be of assistance? Have you tried the suggested steps posted by @Anonymous?

Please keep us posted with the details so we can help you further. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Please just answer his/her question

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @thompsondc1979!

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

May we first know on what app or channel you are having issues with closed captions? If this feature is already enabled through your Settings and you can't utilize it through a specific app or channel, this means that they have their own closed caption options that you must enable inside the app. Please be advised that apps and channels in the Roku streaming platform are being created, maintained, and upgraded by the channel providers themselves. 

Furthermore, if the closed captioning feature is not available on a specific app or channel inside the Roku streaming platform, we highly recommend reaching out to them for further clarification and guidance on how to enable it. 

Let us know if you have further clarifications. We'd be glad to assist you anytime. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chuck1127

Jump to solution

I continue to experience the Closed Caption issue with only the PEACOCK app. Performing a ROKU RESET works-around the issue. Exiting PEACOCK and going to any other app makes the Closed Captions disappear upon returning to PEACOCK.

There has been much discussion in this reoccurring issue in a Reddit thread. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Chuck1127,

Thanks for keeping us posted about this issue, and greetings from the Roku Community!
Please be advised that we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.