Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Do A Total Reset On 1 Device and Not Loose Settings on Remaining 2 Devices.

I work at an assisted living community.  I setup a brand new TV purchased by one of the residents. The old guy doesnt have an email account. So mr. genius / nice guy (me) decided to use my same email addy I already have 2 devices on at home. Bad Idea. His Roku TV now has my credit card info on it.

Also having many other problems when we are both using Roku. Channel glitches, Apps getting moved around on home page etc,,,, among other things. 

My question is can I just get him an email of his own and change it in the settings and everything is back to normal. If I disconnect my 2 devices at home and do a complete reset on his TV will my two devices be safe..  I have over 200 kick ass on my Roku home page. They are awesome. I do not want to lose them. 

In a nutshell. I  want to unplug my 2 devices at home. Go to the living community total reset his TV and use new email address I will create in a new email provider account. Will my two devices be safe from everything getting deleted. And when I plug my other two back up will the still be safe from losing all apps. Or will the devices pick up on it and clone the screen from the TV?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Andrew (TEXAS USA)

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: How To Do A Total Reset On 1 Device and Not Loose Settings on Remaining 2 Devices.

Factory resetting his device should be fine, but for an extra feeling of safety, I would unlink it from your account first (at roku.com) and then factory reset his.

Banned but back. Because why not?