Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IMDJL
Reel Rookie

Remote works, but no volume level display on TV

Jump to solution

I upgraded my Roku from the streaming stick+ to the Ultra 2018, connected to a Sony TV which is connected to a Sonos sound bar through ARC HDMI input (same connection as I had before upgrading to Ultra).

This TV has onscreen audio level feature as audio is adjusted. The Roku streaming stick+ remote audio buttons triggered the onscreen volume levels fine. However the new Roku ultra remote doesn’t trigger the onscreen volume levels. It does allow the volume to be adjusted. It just won’t let me see the volume level.

The strange thing is that the old streaming stick+ remote still works with the Roku Ultra and volume levels do show onscreen.

I could just use the old remote but I prefer the ‘quick access’ buttons on the new remote.

Any suggestions to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Remote works, but no volume level display on TV

Jump to solution

Turn off or disconnect the Sonus Soundbar, the re-run Remote setup:  Settings/Remotes & devices/remote/enhanced voice remote/Setup remote for TV control.

(this causes the Roku to only see and configure the remote/etc for your TV, not your AVR/soundbar).

You can turn on/reconnect your Soundbar after setting up the remote and use it as normal.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Turn off or disconnect the Sonus Soundbar, the re-run Remote setup:  Settings/Remotes & devices/remote/enhanced voice remote/Setup remote for TV control.

(this causes the Roku to only see and configure the remote/etc for your TV, not your AVR/soundbar).

You can turn on/reconnect your Soundbar after setting up the remote and use it as normal.

IMDJL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks! Problem solved 🙂

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Volume number display stopped working on my TCL Roku TV (purchased Oct 2020) one day.  Fixed it by going into TV settings > Volume mode and changing value from "Leveling" to "Off" and then waiting a couple of seconds for that change to engage/activate.  Then I went back in to TV settings > Volume mode and set the value back to "Leveling" (my preferred setting).  After that kicked in the volume number display began working again.

0 Kudos
plmiller
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

None of this works for me. I only have the original remote that came with TV.  How can I fix this?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I don;t want the  onscreen volume levels - HOW do I turn the feature OFF ??

0 Kudos