Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hisense Roku tv and Roku soundbar ARC problems

Jump to solution

I “messaged” Roku. No help. I have read and searched my problem to no avail. I have had the same Hisense roku tv and Roku soundbar for a year. I moved and got new WiFi. My soundbar no longer registers on my tv. Tv says HDMI inactive. My sound bar is blinking orange. When using the soundbar remote it makes a button sound out of the soundbar but no control over tv and no visual on tv from soundbar. Everyone and Roku say that blinking orange means WiFi or power problems. No power problems. 
I have tried different HDMI cables, different HDMI ports, a CEC LESS adapter, nothing worked.
I have rest my tv and soundbar. Nothing worked. 
no other hdmi port or device have any problems. Anything else plugged into the HDMI ARC port registers. 
I know I need to set up to WiFi on the soundbar again (and don’t need the support telling me I need to do so) but the ENTIRE problem is that I can not see anything regarding the soundbar. I can not blindly put in my WiFi or any settings for that matter because I would have no way of knowing what I am doing. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku tv and Roku soundbar ARC problems

Jump to solution

Hello! @Donewithrok,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad you contacted us about setting up your Roku Soundbar on your Hisense Roku TV. We're here to help.

After you plug in power and attach the included Premium High-Speed HDMI® Cable, your Roku TV detects your soundbar and begins the on-screen setup process automatically. Settings such as network name and password, along with your Roku account credentials, are adopted from your Roku TV, letting you sit back while your Streambar or soundbar is set up for you. Use your Roku TV remote when it's time to confirm the process is complete and begin enjoying exceptional sound from all your entertainment sources.

For the best experience during the automatic setup process, your Roku TV must be set up and activated prior to connecting your Streambar or soundbar for the first time.

Before you continue, make sure your Streambar or soundbar is ready by checking the following items:

• Is it plugged into a power outlet? - When your Streambar or soundbar is powered on, the status LED on the front of the device will be illuminated. If it is not, make sure the included power cable is firmly attached and you are using a working wall outlet or extension cable.

• Is it connected to the HDMI port labeled ARC? - To simplify the setup and use of your Streambar or soundbar, we recommend using the HDMI port on your Roku TV labeled ARC. This single connection transmits both video from your Streambar or soundbar to your TV, and audio from your TV and connected devices (Blu-ray player, game console) to your Streambar or soundbar. If you do not use the HDMI port labeled ARC, you need to connect the included optical cable to get audio from your TV and connected devices to your Streambar or soundbar, and you need to follow the on-screen instructions for a non-Roku TV.

• Is ARC and CEC enabled on your Roku TV? - When your compatible Roku TV initially detects your Streambar or soundbar on the ARC port, it automatically enables both CEC and ARC. If you disable these HDMI features after your Streambar or soundbar is set up, you can always return to the settings menu to enable ARC and CEC.

If you have questions about any of the steps described above, return to the initial portion of the setup article for your Streambar or soundbar to review additional details.

For more information, please visit: How to set up your Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar with a Roku TV

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku tv and Roku soundbar ARC problems

Jump to solution

Hello! @Donewithrok,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad you contacted us about setting up your Roku Soundbar on your Hisense Roku TV. We're here to help.

After you plug in power and attach the included Premium High-Speed HDMI® Cable, your Roku TV detects your soundbar and begins the on-screen setup process automatically. Settings such as network name and password, along with your Roku account credentials, are adopted from your Roku TV, letting you sit back while your Streambar or soundbar is set up for you. Use your Roku TV remote when it's time to confirm the process is complete and begin enjoying exceptional sound from all your entertainment sources.

For the best experience during the automatic setup process, your Roku TV must be set up and activated prior to connecting your Streambar or soundbar for the first time.

Before you continue, make sure your Streambar or soundbar is ready by checking the following items:

• Is it plugged into a power outlet? - When your Streambar or soundbar is powered on, the status LED on the front of the device will be illuminated. If it is not, make sure the included power cable is firmly attached and you are using a working wall outlet or extension cable.

• Is it connected to the HDMI port labeled ARC? - To simplify the setup and use of your Streambar or soundbar, we recommend using the HDMI port on your Roku TV labeled ARC. This single connection transmits both video from your Streambar or soundbar to your TV, and audio from your TV and connected devices (Blu-ray player, game console) to your Streambar or soundbar. If you do not use the HDMI port labeled ARC, you need to connect the included optical cable to get audio from your TV and connected devices to your Streambar or soundbar, and you need to follow the on-screen instructions for a non-Roku TV.

• Is ARC and CEC enabled on your Roku TV? - When your compatible Roku TV initially detects your Streambar or soundbar on the ARC port, it automatically enables both CEC and ARC. If you disable these HDMI features after your Streambar or soundbar is set up, you can always return to the settings menu to enable ARC and CEC.

If you have questions about any of the steps described above, return to the initial portion of the setup article for your Streambar or soundbar to review additional details.

For more information, please visit: How to set up your Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar with a Roku TV

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.