Jwilson392

Roku streambar pro front and rear?

Jump to solution

So, if I buy the Stream Bar Pro, can I have front and back speakers as well, or will they all output just left or right?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku streambar pro front and rear?

Jump to solution

Hello! @Jwilson392,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your inquiry about the Roku Streambar Pro and are pleased to assist you.

Your Roku Streambar Pro is a 2-in-1 upgrade that adds high-definition 4K streaming and premium high-quality audio to any TV.

You will listen to powerful sound from all your entertainment sources instantly. For deeper, richer bass, you can also add a Roku Wireless Bass or Roku Wireless Bass Pro. For immersive surround effects, you can add Roku wireless speakers to the back of your room or install a pair in the front of your room and another in the back for a full 5.1 surround sound experience.

For more information about the Roku Streambar Pro, please visit How to Set up your Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Jwilson392,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your inquiry about the Roku Streambar Pro and are pleased to assist you.

Your Roku Streambar Pro is a 2-in-1 upgrade that adds high-definition 4K streaming and premium high-quality audio to any TV.

You will listen to powerful sound from all your entertainment sources instantly. For deeper, richer bass, you can also add a Roku Wireless Bass or Roku Wireless Bass Pro. For immersive surround effects, you can add Roku wireless speakers to the back of your room or install a pair in the front of your room and another in the back for a full 5.1 surround sound experience.

For more information about the Roku Streambar Pro, please visit How to Set up your Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mjpeterson29
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Not sure if your question was answered, but yes if you add the wireless speakers in the front and rear (2 sets) you set them up as front-left, front-right, rear-left, rear-right and then the Streambar Pro acts as a center channel, and of course the wireless sub is the .1.  So it will act as 5.1.  At least that's how mine has worked before.  I think for like DTS and PCM audio it must have some type of upmixing going on since my TV doesn't support DTS and has to be converted. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You can't have four wireless Roku speakers with just Roku Streambar Pro. You would have to have a Roku tv in the mix, no other Tv will work with Roku wireless speakers. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mjpeterson29
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That is false.  I have paired four wireless speakers and the Wireless Subwoofer Pro with a Roku Streambar Pro.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

What model of tv do you have?

Edmund

0 Kudos
mjpeterson29
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Samsung TU7000.

The Roku Streambar Pro will not pair to a TV that has the Roku OS on it.  For that one, you need the Roku Wireless Streambar (which is a different product than the Streambar Pro).  I think that will pair with the wireless speakers and sub.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@mjpeterson29 

I stand corrected about how many wireless speakers can be paired with Streambar pro. But you are wrong about Roku Streambar Pro not working with Roku tv's. I had both my Roku Smart Sound bar and my current Roku Streambar Pro work with my TCL 43" Roku tv. My Streambar Pro is now connected to Amazon Omni qled 50" Fire tv. Roku didn't have qled in that size of screen when I needed to upgrade my tv. A couple of months later they did. 😞

Edmund

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.