Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kingd3020
Reel Rookie

Having problems watching anything every time I start something it exits and goes to home screen

For about 2 weeks now I try to watch something it freezes and exits to home screen I have tried 2 diffrent routes and checked connectivity and that's not the issue they are both excellent. 

Ive reset route and hacable company come out that is fine and perfect I also have fiber optics for by internet so that also has been checked and not a issue. 

My issue is am unable to watch roku on any of my 6 diffrent devices and yes have tried them all even went as far as to try them 1 at a time. 

16 REPLIES 16
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Having problems watching anything every time I start something it exits and goes to home screen

Hi @Kingd3020 

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Medowns
Reel Rookie

Re: Having problems watching anything every time I start something it exits and goes to home screen

Been having the same issue for the last 3 days

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Medowns 

I hope you're doing well.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? Does the issue also occur on all channels installed on your Roku device? What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Kingd3020
Reel Rookie

It is happening on discovery Disney HBO paramount and showtime but doesn't happen on the free to watch channels. All the channels I get commercials with it doesn't effect.  

Kingd3020
Reel Rookie

I also have a roku TV and it happens there as well and I do have all my roku plugged into a outlet. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Kingd3020 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing with channels crashing.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tsha603

I am having the same issue on my Roku TV. Only happens when I play a movie on demand. Never happens on a live channel. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Tsha603

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us specifically the issue you're running into? Does it only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Please let us know as well the troubleshooting steps you've done so we know what steps we should take next. 

We look forward to your response.

Regards
Karla

0 Kudos
kodywhite116
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same issue. What info needs to be provided to see if this issue can be fixed?