Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDCP error appearing frequently

I have a new Vizio 4K TV that I purchased a few months back. I originally had a streaming stick which worked okay but I wanted to get a player that supported 4K. I bought the streaming stick 4K+ which seemed to work fine but the remote had problems pairing to the TV. So I upgraded to the Ultra and within days I started getting that dreaded HDCP error code popping up about every 3 days. I did the restart process - unplugging the HDMI cable from the TV and Roku player, then unplug both the TV and player, then reconnect TV and player and power on TV and player. I changed out the HDMI cable to one that supports 4K 2.2 and still got the error. I disabled the auto-adjust refresh rate and I’ve also done the system restart option. I still get the error about every 3 days. Since I’ve tried all of the suggested fixes for this, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s an issue with the player since the error goes away temporarily but reappears constantly. I have since switched to Amazon Fire Cube - good luck to anyone still struggling with this HDCP headache!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Axel-Erfurt
Binge Watcher

Re: HDCP error appearing frequently

It's the same with the Roku Express.

Unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @silverscrape15

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If you're still experiencing an HDCP issue on your Roku device, please reply here with the serial number of the player. It can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Axel-Erfurt

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos