Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucy24994

Re: Getting kicked out of apps

Same here. We get kicked off Disney+, peacock, and Hulu it gets to almost the end of the show like the most important part 5 minutes maybe more and goes to next episode! So frustrating. Tried everything and nothing helps so I bought a new one on Black Friday since Walmart had it at $15 and surprise surprise same thing 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Lucy24994

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rebadurchee
Reel Rookie

I am being kicked out of Acorn randomly after about 2-3 minutes.  This is about 85-90% of the time.  Sometimes I reset the Roku from the System menu and it will then work.  Other times it won't.  It's getting very frustrating.  I just upgraded to a Roku Ultra.  This did not happen with my Roku 4400.  It is plugged into my new LG C2 via new ultra high speed HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
RevSarahGarner
Reel Rookie

This happened to me watching Discovery plus. Turns out I have a Power strip/Surge protector that the Roku, TV, and space heater plugged in. The power strip was not able to power all these devices ( say Roku box 0.5 amps) I had to get another extension power cord and plug in the Roku box all by itself on one side and then plug in the power strip to the extension cord on the other side. So the Roku box was plugged into the extension cord and the power strip was also plugged into the extension cord and I had no further issues.

0 Kudos
Smbwilson

Same!  I’ve tried all of those things too. Can’t watch anything on Netflix, Prime, etc without it sending me back to home within 10-20 seconds!  Please help!!

0 Kudos