Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selangley

Frequent Streaming Timeouts/Disconnects

For a couple of months, now, streaming on my Roku will frequently interrupt with typical network connectivity issues, on a variety of apps.  I just tried the factory reset step I saw suggested for similar problems. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to help. Thought it might be my outdated cable router. Upgraded the cable router to a new model and the problem persists. Tried a different network cable and a different network port on my network switch. No difference there.  Whenever I have these network problems with my Roku, I switch to the same streaming app on my PlayStation 5 and it experiences no streaming issues.  The PS5 is plugged into the same network switch as is my Roku. Must be the Roku.

Here is the TrackerId I just captured on my Roku:
ID 2N-411-610
PXL_20241012_201104258.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Frequent Streaming Timeouts/Disconnects

Hi, @selangley 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you have encountered with your Roku Ultra, which is having trouble with frequent streaming timeouts. Kindly be advised that we have forwarded your concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. This will be further reviewed and appropriate actions will be taken into account.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.