Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJMathis

Express+ not working at all

My RCA tv came with built in Roku which became obsolete. I got the Express+ with simple remote from Roku and installed it and it worked fine for several months. Yesterday the simple remote didn’t work at all and I noticed my Home Screen was different so I got out the old remote for the obsolete built in Roku and it will control the tv but won’t run any apps as it is no longer compatible. 
I’ve gone through all the trouble shooting steps, system reset, unplugging TV and device and removing batteries the turning everything back on and tried repairing remote but it won’t pair and the Home Screen is still the old original setup. 
what else can I do to resolve this? Will purchasing a new Roku streaming device work?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Express+ not working at all

Hi @CJMathis,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the remote not responding to your Roku Express+ which is connected to a Roku TV. 

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku Express+ so we can assist further.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos